Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Device Not Recognized

Options
  • 26-11-2008 4:44pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a multimedia HD and when I plug it in im getting an error USB Device Not Recognized. The hard drive works fine itself when not in USB mode and plays through my tv but anytime I plug in the USB to access the files etc it gives me this error. Any ideas whats going on ??

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anybody? :confused:
    Ive looked on google and tried some of the things there to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

try consulting the manufacturer, or googling for USB errors related to your drive model.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Did it search for drivers, were any installed?

What make is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its a memup mx media player, theres no drivers on the website.

ive looked on google to no avail as i already said. people have the same error for different devices but the solutions dont work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What OS are you using? Have you tried it on a different machine?

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    What OS are you using? Have you tried it on a different machine?

I have pc with xp and a laptop with vista and im getting the same error. The only thing ive done recently is install a 3 usb internet device on both machines.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Maybe take it to a mates house to eliminate 3 from the equation.

Tried it on a mates laptop and got the same error but when I use it as a player through the tv it works fine. Any ideas what could be the issue and how to resolve it, have tried a different usb lead aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sounds like its not formated right, or a drivers issue. ill have a look for drivers for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There are drivers for other models but there only needed for windows 98, if you wanna chance that you can download them here.....

http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.memup.fr/Drivers-Logiciels-MEMUP_a237.html%3FPHPSESSID%3D965956b9882488806e8c78ea280109f9&usg=ALkJrhiwFp4ALzPKq7Z3p6juinIAUOk3Gw

Also from the site:
    Due to a failure beyond our control, a "Trojan" has integrated some of our production lines, this is not dangerous for your system but it should be deleted. To cancel this potential threat, please download Spybot, install it and scan all your disks.

http://memup.co.uk/Multimedia-Hard-Disks_r68.html

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »

The drivers are on the media drive so they self install, that didnt happen when i plugged it into my mates laptop it just gives the same error.

I have already tried the trojan solution to no avail it didnt find any errors, although i can only scan the pc not the hard drive because i cant connect to it.

Advertisement