Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a free firewall

Options
  • 26-11-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Been using comodo firewall for months but I've HAD with it constantly asking me stuff 10 times every half hour or so and it crashes my games and randomly stops firefox from working... BAH!

Anyone other ones out there? Btw I am behind a router also. That and windows firewall wouldnt be enough would it?

And yes I understand I'm gonna be spammed with questions when I 1st install a firewall, but I don't expect it constantly happening months down the road. :(

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

ZoneAlarm... Its priobably not the best firewall out there but its the one I put on my mothers machine for exactly this reason. Anytime the firewall asks any questions I get a panicky question as to whether hackers are trying to get into her PC... :) So I wanted one where it kept the phone calls to a minumum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

Anything of interest here?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would just use ZA myself. or the vista firewall. But i have a paid internet security suite so i dont have to worry about such things.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Windows firewall is absolutley fine and at least it doesn't annoy you every 10secs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

One of the best you can get for free - PCTools Firewall: http://www.pctools.com/firewall/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Cheers lads. I'm giving 'Online Armor' a try. Quite impressed with how it displays all the programs using bandwidth with detailed info.

If it does not go well I'll give one of the other ones on here a go. Seems fine so far.

Cheers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I've used Agnitum Outpost Free Version and found it very good get it here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Comodo firewall

set it to training mode after a while put it in safe mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

oh and btw if it is constantly hassling you it may be because you have a virus

Advertisement