Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem viewing web page.

Options
  • 26-11-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this is in the correct forum. If not please feel free to move.

Right here's the problem I have. I regularly log on to Donegal Co. Council's planning site and can get to the final hurdle of viewing documents and then get a blank page.

Example: When I click on this application (planning) the page displays OK and at the top you will see a list of options. I then click on one of the tabs at the top of the page that states "view related documents". That opens another smaller window which gives a full list of the documents. But this is where I encounter the problem When I click on any of the listed documents another window opens which states how may pages are in the particular document but doesnt display anything else. Basically a blank window.

Im using FF 3.0.4 and up till about 4 months ago I never had any problems. I can do the whole procedure with IE but for whatever reason it runs very slow so I use firefox all the time.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's a problem with their site. Same happens to me.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's a problem with their site. Same happens to me.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.3
    But is it?

I have no problems when using IE and the problem only cropped up a few months ago - may have been after a FF update.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

I've seen this before - I can't remember the full explanation so sorry for being hazy. You need to install some viewer in order to view any planning documents - I have found that this software does not install properly on Firefox - it does install correctly on IE - hence it works on IE, not Firefox.
    There, that is an extremely vague answer for you!

muffler wrote: »
    But is it?

I have no problems when using IE and the problem only cropped up a few months ago - may have been after a FF update.

Well, yes and no.

It is their fault because their website should be multi-browser accessible.

This appears to be the script that they are using: http://www.softco.com/news_detailed.asp?id=84

Perhaps you could contact the company and query if there is an incompatibility for firefox (which their obviously is) and if there is a workaround for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have sent a PM to the company so hopefully they may be able to help.

Should have said earlier but I contacted the IT people in the council in relation to this and I think it was a plank I was talking to :eek:

• Advertisement

There are many planks! Beware of planks!

Advertisement