Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV - Wireless Transmission

Options
  • 26-11-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Has anyone had any experience of this set?
    I presume it sends IR for the remote too.

In Lidl tomorrow for €39.99

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope I'd say it just sends the signal, no ability to change channel

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

had one of the units from a few years ago

used it to send from the set top box to the pc upstairs (had a tuner card)

only problem is if you have a wireless router it can interfere with the pic on the receiver-end tv as the unit uses the same 2.4GHz, despite the site saying 4 channels and my changing the wifi channel on the router no change got rid of the interference.

it usually comes with a small IR that fits over the IR receiver on the set top box / vcr / dvd etc - something like whats on the left in this pic:
    http://www.tvstick.co.uk/images/uploaded/xpmediactrl2.jpg

[apologies for the M$ pic :D]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

i have one at the moment and have just wired the house with cables so I can get rid of it.

I live in a semi-detached house and my neighbours wireless router and my own interfers with the signal. When my neighbours use their microwave it interfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There was another thread like this a few weeks back when Aldi had a similar unit.

General consensus was that because of the interferance problems it's better to go for a 5.8Ghz system like this one.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

What he said :)

I had problems with the 2.4 ones so got the 5.8 one above and it works perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement