If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Decrease

Options
  • 26-11-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, should we wait til Monday to order items to avail of 2.5% less on the price (small money but nearly pays for delivery!)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

TheDriver wrote: »
    Basically, should we wait til Monday to order items to avail of 2.5% less on the price (small money but nearly pays for delivery!)?

to be honest, i'd be surprised in RS passed this small saving on, i'd say their margins are pretty tight the way it is.

They'd still be cheaper than everyone else anyway... I rang currys today to see if they had a TV listed on their UK site in stock (Samsung 37" for £499) only to be told its €750 down here... if only RS wasn't a 2 hour drive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

true, its already great savings so we can't complain. Delivery for boards is worth it to save hassle and driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

to be honest, i'd be surprised in RS passed this small saving on, i'd say their margins are pretty tight the way it is.

VAT input/output has no effect on margin. It's also not optional whether or not you pass it on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.