Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet browsers have stopped working

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Both IE and Firefox on one of my laptops wont connect to the internet anymore. I can use IM and ping but cant browse the web on it. Not going through any proxies, just my router over wifi. It was all working fine and just one day i booted up the laptop and they had stopped. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Is the laptop showing as "connected" under start/settings /network connections - view all connections. Also try running network connection wizard to check staus. I assume you have the normal 4 green lights on your modem !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yup. Everything works fine from my other laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Restart the router and computer. If it's still the same, check your security settings, maybe there was a recent update that upped your security level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Check your firewall too ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

got it fixed. cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement