Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how are u travellin to the live show?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi All..have tickets for sunday's live show and not from Dublin, so i'm just looking for suggestions on how best to travel to the event? Would getting the luas into town and getting a taxi or walking be a good option. Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,181 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi All..have tickets for sunday's live show and not from Dublin, so i'm just looking for suggestions on how best to travel to the event? Would getting the luas into town and getting a taxi or walking be a good option. Thanks in advance for any help

A luas into town, then stroll over to Pearce or to Connolly dart station, and get the dart to lansdowne (it is walkable from town i suppose but i wou;dn't be bothered walking it! From lansdowne it would be about a 5 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks so much for the reply..i think its our best option! neither of us mind walking a bit would be be more than a half hour walk from town?? sorry im no good with dublin city i only knows where d shops are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,181 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

fendigal wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the reply..i think its our best option! neither of us mind walking a bit would be be more than a half hour walk from town?? sorry im no good with dublin city i only knows where d shops are :D

if you go to lansdown road station, when you come out of the station turn right, and right again, down behind the station. You'll come over a bridge across the river, then turn right again, walking up alongside the river. When you get to the top of that path, the RDS will be just to your left, across the road.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A luas into town, then stroll over to Pearce or to Connolly dart station, and get the dart to lansdowne (it is walkable from town i suppose but i wou;dn't be bothered walking it! From lansdowne it would be about a 5 minute walk.

For the RDS Simmonscourt, Sandymount is an even better option than Lansdowne Road - you literally walk out of the station and turn right. Walk up Sandymount Avenue to the lights and cross. Straight on front of you is Simmonscourt Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Aah thanks so much to both of you for that help. I reckon thats the best option..Cheerrs for steering me in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

What about the number 7 bus form the city centre

Advertisement