Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - sent wrong product.

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a phone from Pixmania last Sunday (16th Nov) and it arrived yesterday.

I specifically went to this site as it offered the phone at a price €15 cheaper incl. delivery than its closest rival.

I've e-mailed the customer service address asking for a solution to this problem.

I know that I'll be asked to post it back, but I wonder if I'm liable for the cost of this postage? Obviously I'm not at fault for the mistake, but I can't see Pixmania sending out a courrier to collect the phone.

Its annoying me because the cost of posting it back to France will probably be more than the €15 I'd have saved in the first place.

Anyone any experience with this?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'd just wait and se what Pixmainia say in their email, I'm sure pixmania are aware that the cost for you posting back may stop you from posting the item back and may have an alternative option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

connundrum wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a phone from Pixmania last Sunday (16th Nov) and it arrived yesterday.

I specifically went to this site as it offered the phone at a price €15 cheaper incl. delivery than its closest rival.

I've e-mailed the customer service address asking for a solution to this problem.

I know that I'll be asked to post it back, but I wonder if I'm liable for the cost of this postage? Obviously I'm not at fault for the mistake, but I can't see Pixmania sending out a courrier to collect the phone.

Its annoying me because the cost of posting it back to France will probably be more than the €15 I'd have saved in the first place.

Anyone any experience with this?

Cheers

They sent the wrong phone then its their problem. Demand a refund for the shipping cost or get them to arrange the courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they should really have some kind of freepost labels for this purpose, and then the customer only has to worry about paying for a jiffy bag which would be reasonable imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/FAQs/Faulty_goods/

this link covers your issue
    Q8. I recently purchased goods from an online store. When I received the goods they weren't working. I’ve received a refund for the cost of the goods from the company but not for the cost of returning the goods. Am I entitled to get my delivery charge returned since the product was actually faulty?

Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2001, where a good is faulty the consumer should not be at a loss for the costs of returning the faulty good to the company.

This, however, only applies to websites based in European Union member states. European websites must include a geographical address so that the consumer can locate the seller in the event of a problem.

We suggest you contact the seller quoting this piece of legislation and asking them to refund you the cost of returning the faulty goods.

If after going through the complaints process, the company refuse to refund you this money, you may wish to proceed through the Small Claims Court if the website is based in Ireland. You should also inform the National Consumer Agency, who can follow up with the trader.

If the site is based in another member state, you should contact the European Consumer Centre (see link below) for further information.

However, if you have simply changed your mind about the goods you are returning then the company may ask you to pay for the cost of the return. We suggest consumers make themselves aware of the terms and conditions when it comes to returning unwanted goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I bought a sat nav last December (2007) from Pixmania. It got lost in the post. Their customer service service department is a shambles. When you ring you get to speak to a robot. When you ask for a manager they only do callbacks but never callback!!! I had to go to the European consumer department before i got a replacement in March (2008). They are OK if you but something and it comes in the post and works, but if it goes wrong be prepared for a long wait and hard work ringing and sending emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I bought a sat nav last December (2007) from Pixmania. It got lost in the post. Their customer service service department is a shambles. When you ring you get to speak to a robot. When you ask for a manager they only do callbacks but never callback!!! I had to go to the European consumer department before i got a replacement in March (2008). They are OK if you but something and it comes in the post and works, but if it goes wrong be prepared for a long wait and hard work ringing and sending emails.

I found their customer service not to be that bad, granted I got to learn the correct sequence of options in order to speak to a human so I was always put in touch with a human being within 30 seconds of ringing.

But yes, they are very tough to deal with, I was given the usual "we are in Romania and the warehousing is done in France so there's very little we can do about that sir...." spiel but if you persist and dig your heels in they will eventually give you what you want.

Advertisement