Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 40" Full HD €789 incl. delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Wow that looks like a fantastic bargain. I'd like to read a review or two though before I'd commit to buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It does seem like an alright price but cant find much on the model number either. The 40a616 does not have 100hz so i cant see how the 615 would. Be aware, though, even if does have 100hz, it is actually a series 5 with 100hz thrown in. The real 40" series 6(40a656) has 4 hdmi ports, 50000:1 contrast, and that rose black bezel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's not even on the samsung site.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/function/search/resultList.do?searchWord=LE40A615

That's a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=24543
    vibe666

# Posted: 26 Nov 2008 00:30:09 ° Edited by: vibe666

There is nothing better then HD quality picture on impressive LCD screen :)

you seriously need to get laid if you think that.

coming up to christmas there's plenty on offer, even in the shops that's a better deal than this and you won't have to do the traditional ibood coin flip to guess if it's going to turn up next week, next month, next year or never.

shop around you brainless sheep and stop posting retarded comments.
    Quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

he's right though

ive a free voucher for delivery with them over a **** up on the toshiba ep30 many months ago, god the hassle i went thru to get the thing, it took months!!

their delivery is quite frankly crap

ill be hard pushed to use the free delivery coupon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Assuming ibood just charge 12.50 for shipping the TV, then that's worth considering as the prices you see on English sites will likely add €100 shipping.

Anyway, I found the TV mentioned on the Samsung site here

Which says
    Full HD LCD TV 40"(101 cm), 16:9, dynamický kontrast 40 000:1, svítivost 500 cd/m2, rozlišení 1920x1080, Ultra Clear Black Panel,
    Integrovaný DVB-T , HD Ready, odezva 5ms, 24p Real Movie, Movie Plus, ECO flower, WCE2, PIP (1 tuner), Pozorovací úhel 178º, 3D
    hřebenový filtr, DNIe + technologie, SRS TruSurround, Režimy zobrazení (GAME, SPORT, CINEMA) sleep timer/off timer, 4xHDMI (1 HDMICEC,
    1.3 verze), SCART 2x, Komponent(Y/Pb/Pr, L/R), Kompozitní, optický výstup, S-Video, PC in (VGA, WXGA), USB (JPEG, MP3), TXT
    2500 stran, boční výstup pro sluchátka, VESA 200x200mm, otočný podstavec 20º v ceně

or
    Full HD LCD TV 40 "(101 cm), 16:9, 40 000:1 dynamic contrast, brightness of 500 cd/m2, resolution of 1920x1080, Ultra Clear Black Panel,
    Integrated DVB-T, HD Ready, 5ms response, 24p Real Movie, Movie Plus, ECO flower, WCE2, PIP (1 tuner), Nightly 178 º angle, 3D
    hřebenová filter dniem + technology, SRS TruSurround, display modes (GAME, SPORT, CINEMA) sleep timer / off timer, 4xHDMI (1 HDMICEC,
    Version 1.3), 2x SCART, Component (Y / Pb / Pr, L / R), composite, optical output, S-Video, PC in (VGA, WXGA), USB (JPEG, MP3), TXT
    2500 pages, the output side for headphones, VESA 200x200mm, rotating base 20 º in the price

when google translates it from the Czech.

Internet prices seem to start at around 860 and swiftly upwards, although shipping from the Czech republic will be on top of that (if they even do it for you). So the price seems pretty good, except you have to account for the fact that you'll have to deal with ibood.

Now, about the ibood spec. It isn't the same as the spec on the Samsung site. The samsung site says it does not have a 100 Hz motion plus engine at all, whereas the ibood spec specifically lists it. There are other differences too (lower contrast on ibood, less HDMI ports on ibood etc). So I've no idea where ibood got that spec from, could be from a different TV altogether ... could be they made it up on the spot.

BArra, I suggest using the coupon on something so cheap that the delivery would have made it not worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

the description on the site has now changed from the initial e-mail i recieved from them:

The dynamic contrast ratio of 30,000:1 and the 100 Hz Motion Plus processor, come together in this LCD TV to give you breath taking viewing pleasure. The 100 HZ Motion Plus Technology ensures faster frames and clearer pictures. The reaction speed of less than 4 ms and the Entertainment Mode makes this TV perfectly suitable also for the fastest of games.

has changed to:

The dynamic contrast ratio of 30,000:1 in this LCD TV gives you breath taking viewing pleasure. The reaction speed of less than 4 ms and the Entertainment Mode makes this TV perfectly suitable also for the fastest of games.

my guess, it's not an actual 100hz tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

This still seems like a pretty good price..... how much difference does the 100Hz make?
    Can't really find a price as good on the net. Even the most basic 40 full hd on pixmania is more expensive.

Where is the place to get the best deals on a TV these days.

Looking for a 37/40inch for wall hanging in a room. Must be Full HD. Must have HDMI. Must have PC connect.
    Thats about all the musts, other than that... just a good and stylish TV.
    Is this ibood model the one?

jimbling wrote: »
    This still seems like a pretty good price..... how much difference does the 100Hz make?
    Can't really find a price as good on the net. Even the most basic 40 full hd on pixmania is more expensive.

Where is the place to get the best deals on a TV these days.

Looking for a 37/40inch for wall hanging in a room. Must be Full HD. Must have HDMI. Must have PC connect.
    Thats about all the musts, other than that... just a good and stylish TV.
    Is this ibood model the one?

For what you need, this TV should be fine! It sure looks okay and is nice and cheap for a full HD model. Not too up on the 100 Hz technology but for a set top box, games console or HD/Blu-ray player, this will be grand.

I'm almost tempted to buy one myself, my 26" HD ready doesn't cut it anymore!! :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    For what you need, this TV should be fine! It sure looks okay and is nice and cheap for a full HD model. Not too up on the 100 Hz technology but for a set top box, games console or HD/Blu-ray player, this will be grand.

I'm almost tempted to buy one myself, my 26" HD ready doesn't cut it anymore!! :D

cheers.
    Does the fact that its not on the samsung site etc have an impact. Could I have trouble with support if there are any problems with it etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

seems to be decent enough. But can't purchase it online.... have to go into the store. Looks like its the same for all there TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

seems to be decent enough. But can't purchase it online.... have to go into the store. Looks like its the same for all there TVs.

ye but they have a shop up north which means you aren't stuck with the delivery problems you may face with ibood and it would be easier to return aswell if anything goes wrong

ye but they have a shop up north which means you aren't stuck with the delivery problems you may face with ibood and it would be easier to return aswell if anything goes wrong

I live in cork mate... not a chance in hell I'm going all the way up north just to buy a tv :eek:
    Thanks though.... still on the look out. I'll prob buy that ibood one if nothing turns up by the end of day. I'm not in any major rush, delivery isnt that big a deal really.

cheers.
    Does the fact that its not on the samsung site etc have an impact. Could I have trouble with support if there are any problems with it etc?

No, shouldn't be any trouble for support. I personally wouldn't be worried that it's not on the website. It is definately made by Samsung, a google search shows it on many electronics websites in Poland, Czechoslovakia and Germany, it just wasn't made for the Ireland / UK market, will still work though!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No point in buying a TV now anyway. Wait for the Jan sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scarpetta

I called Samsung Ireland (no. on their site) - spoke to very helpful Polish cust. service guy called Jack, and asked about spec etc. of ibood 40" TV. He read the online reviews from E. Europe and confirmed it IS a Series 6 Samsung HD TV, under international warranty within EU. It is (according to him) full spec Series 6 - HDMI inputs, 100Hz., USB Wiselink etc. etc. Differs from Eastern European model in appearance only - all black exterior instead of some red colour for the models in Cz., Poland etc.

Bought mine 10 mins ago - let the scramble commence. Lovely TV for the price. :D

The phone is mightier than the web on this occasion lads!!

scarpetta wrote: »

Sorted! That's using your head!! ;)

Damn, i think i might have to buy one now :D

scarpetta wrote: »
    I called Samsung Ireland (no. on their site) - spoke to very helpful Polish cust. service guy called Jack, and asked about spec etc. of ibood 40" TV. He read the online reviews from E. Europe and confirmed it IS a Series 6 Samsung HD TV, under international warranty within EU. It is (according to him) full spec Series 6 - HDMI inputs, 100Hz., USB Wiselink etc. etc. Differs from Eastern European model in appearance only - all black exterior instead of some red colour for the models in Cz., Poland etc.

Bought mine 10 mins ago - let the scramble commence. Lovely TV for the price. :D

Good thinking.... and thanks a lot.

EDIT: Although, it would be a bit strange for it to be 100Hz since they actually went out of there way to remove that from the description of the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

The USB port is for user firmware updates. Very handy as fixed a major bug on my 40A656. Couldn't fix the backlight bleeding. Bleeding present on the first and last two Samsungs I've had. 100Hz is absolute rubbish. You'll leave it turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scarpetta

Good thinking.... and thanks a lot.

EDIT: Although, it would be a bit strange for it to be 100Hz since they actually went out of there way to remove that from the description of the TV.

You trust iboodeze lingo??

Perhaps i am thinking of the not trusting the all of words which is appears on the website of the iboods for today or many tomorrows still yet to coming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I wouldn't risk buying this TV. A European model with no reviews. I'm in the market for a 40" but won't be touching this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All gone so neither here nor there. PITA, I wanted one. :)

well, decided not to get it in the end anyway. Decided it was a bit of an unnecessary indulgence at the moment.

Advertisement