Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Shonky Awards

Options
  • 26-11-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Choice recently announced its shonky products awards. unsurprisingly alco-pops made the top of the sh!t list.

If you had to name one or two shonky Aussie goods what would they be?

My top one would have to be a couple of brands of so-called humble Aussie pie (such as Four 'n Twenty or Snowy River) which are so crap compared to the chunky pies you get in Ireland and the UK that are not just filled with crappy mince meat and liquid. And WTF is with the ketchup on top. If they tasted halfway decent you wouldn't have to douse them with ketchup :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dSTAR wrote: »
    Choice recently announced its shonky products awards. unsurprisingly alco-pops made the top of the sh!t list.

If you had to name one or two shonky Aussie goods what would they be?

My top one would have to be a couple of brands of so-called humble Aussie pie (such as Four 'n Twenty or Snowy River) which are so crap compared to the chunky pies you get in Ireland and the UK that are not just filled with crappy mince meat and liquid. And WTF is with the ketchup on top. If they tasted halfway decent you wouldn't have to douse them with ketchup :mad:

I vote that if anyone ever ever knocks an aussie pie they should be banned from this forum for good.

http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/ is god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

hussey wrote: »
    I vote that if anyone ever ever knocks an aussie pie they should be banned from this forum for good.

Now that is what I call pies. The Tiger and the Beef, Cheese & Bacon sound awesome. Pity the cafes are all in NSW :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mrs. Macs pies ftw

Another award that needs to be handed out is for Safeway snags. You know the thin beef sausages that turn up at every BBQ. I was in Bendigo last w/end hitting it pretty hard and we decided to go for a big fry up the next day to ease our hangovers.

We ordered a couple of big brekkies which cost $13 a pop and sat down to wait for it to be served. When it arrived we were both impressed by how big and delicious it looked. It had the usual, two poached eggs, lots of bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, snags and garnish.

When I tucked into the snags I was seriously disappointed at being served cheap beef snags. I wanted big fat ass English pork sausages and so did my date being half English that she is. Why the hell cant you just get good quality bangers like you get in England or Ireland? To your average Aussie we must've sounded like whinging poms. I don't care. It sucks too hard for me to let go. :-(

/ Ends moan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Another award that needs to be handed out is for Safeway snags. You know the thin beef sausages that turn up at every BBQ. I was in Bendigo last w/end hitting it pretty hard and we decided to go for a big fry up the next day to ease our hangovers.

We ordered a couple of big brekkies which cost $13 a pop and sat down to wait for it to be served. When it arrived we were both impressed by how big and delicious it looked. It had the usual, two poached eggs, lots of bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, snags and garnish.

When I tucked into the snags I was seriously disappointed at being served cheap beef snags. I wanted big fat ass English pork sausages and so did my date being half English that she is. Why the hell cant you just get good quality bangers like you get in England or Ireland? To your average Aussie we must've sounded like whinging poms. I don't care. It sucks too hard for me to let go. :-(

/ Ends moan

Cause pork is not eaten by many Australians due to religion and what not
    also .. if you think that is beef you are eating, have a read of packets of cheap sausages they usually say 'meat' ... what ever the hell that is!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Garlo's Pie Floaters

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

delish, with chips and gravy for a fiver, what more could you want

as for Shonkey, is there a section for Brisbane Deck Construction :D

...as for Shonkey, is there a section for Brisbane Deck Construction :D
    :eek:

Didn't I hear something on the news recently about some deck collapsing in which quite a few people were injured, some quite seriously?

So Mr Mahatma, you work for the Brisbane Deck Construction company I take it. Were you or were you not down the pub drinking with your colleagues before construction of this deck was undertaken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

No, I work for a Sawmill, we make the timber, not the decks, and that collapse was not the fault of the timber :p

No main Bearer or Wallplate, Just Trip-L-Grips to the weatherboard on the side of the house, askin for trouble

No, I work for a Sawmill, we make the timber, not the decks, and that collapse was not the fault of the timber :p

No main Bearer or Wallplate, Just Trip-L-Grips to the weatherboard on the side of the house, askin for trouble
    Ah huh!

You seem to know quite a bit about this incident Mr Mahatma. Could you please contact Constable Michael Anthony O'Sullivan on (07) 3364 6464 relating to this incident straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

/ Ends moan

Sounds like you need to go for a drive down to Rob's British and Irish Butchery in Dandenong. :D

http://www.robsukproduce.com.au/index.html

• Advertisement

missannik wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to go for a drive down to Rob's British and Irish Butchery in Dandenong. :D

http://www.robsukproduce.com.au/index.html
    Nice one Missy! I will be hitting this store at the w/end for sure.

I haven't come across a really good store like this since living in San Francisco which sold top notch Irish and English products as well as meats in some amazing old school stores in the Sunset district.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

hussey wrote: »

Mmm pie and peas.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Mmm pie and peas.
    You too huh?

Hi my name is Dex and I am a pie and peas addict.

Advertisement