Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampere, Finland for new years

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey folks,
    I'm heading to Tampere, Finland for new years with some friends. Basically 'coz the flights were cheap! Anyone been there before who can tell me anything about the place?
    Is there much of a nightlife? Any reccomendations for pubs clubs etc?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Used to live there a few years back. Not really knowlegable about the club/pub scene anymore tho'. Its not that big of a city, around 200,000 or so. It should be a good laugh for NY tho'. Go into www.oconnells.fi near the main train station, ask for Simon Foster behind the bar and he'll show you right.

One word of advice though- mind yourself on the footpaths, bloody iced up concrete can be lethal after a few scoobies:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

was in tampere about 2 years back, great spot for nightlife especially south of the bridge near the railway station, can't remember the names of the spots but the people there are really friendly (lots of irish) so ask around and they will direct you guys to the best spots

it gets extremely cold and snowy there so beware as the previous poster pointed out on the icy paths (i saw the remains of one fall while walking around town earlier in the day :eek:)

Advertisement