Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox problem

Options
  • 25-11-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

(there are legal thing on pirate bay so dont jump to conclusions, it was just an example). Not sure if im in the exact rite place but ill give it a go. I just got a new laptop and put firefox on it a few days ago, its working grand but when im in firefox and click on say a download link in a web site it wont download. it only works if i right click and open the download in a second tab. this is more of just an annoyance than a problem but any info on a solution would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Does a little alert space appear between the top address bar and the page proper? U may have to click that to download the .exe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

no nothing happens the page stays the same just laodiing come up on the tab and does nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Iguana Bob wrote: »
    (there are legal thing on pirate bay so dont jump to conclusions, it was just an example). Not sure if im in the exact rite place but ill give it a go. I just got a new laptop and put firefox on it a few days ago, its working grand but when im in firefox and click on say a download link in a web site it wont download. it only works if i right click and open the download in a second tab. this is more of just an annoyance than a problem but any info on a solution would be appreciated
    :confused: Who said anything about The Pirate Bay? Anyway, do you have an example of what you're trying to download? Are you trying to download a torrent or an executable file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

sorry i got a thread closed earlier because i mentioned the possibility of downloading a torrent. generally its exe's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Iguana Bob wrote: »
    sorry i got a thread closed earlier because i mentioned the possibility of downloading a torrent. generally its exe's
    Fair enough, I didn't see that link. Do you have an example of an executable download link that's not behaving as you expect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement