Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoy to match speed against Mercedes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bloody Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The cyclist is 92kg (~14.5stone), 69cm thighs (~27") and "as strong as 3 men".

That is what I meant in the mashing/spinning thread about big "strong" guys being suited to mashing and suited to high power over short distances, like mountainbikers bursting up a steep hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

rubadub wrote: »
    The cyclist is 92kg (~14.5stone), 69cm thighs (~27") and "as strong as 3 men".

That is what I meant in the mashing/spinning thread about big "strong" guys being suited to mashing and suited to high power over short distances, like mountainbikers bursting up a steep hill.

he's a big strong guy all right. a monster really. no masher though, or at least not just a masher - he can spin over 200rpm in training apparently :p and on the closing strait of a sprint he's pushing that big gear at over 150rpm.

i wonder what he's like on the hills...

i'll deffinitely be watching this challenge (i love stupidity!!) as i'm curious to see if hoy is able to turn right. it'll probably be a first for him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yes, was just about to post what niceontom said. I read somewhere about him sprinting at 200+ rpm.

BTW, anyone else read about Bos switching over to the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    BTW, anyone else read about Bos switching over to the road?

I read it, but I'd never heard of the bloke in the first place.
    http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/11/24/669717/theo-bos-hits-the-road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Hard one to call ?Who does 0-30 faster?Following the track route it appears to 'cross over'...Do both not do an identical lap?Strange...you would like to think that whatever about bike vs 'chap in a GTi' that this would be a foregone conclusion in favour of Hamilton... Dying to see who wins...

Advertisement