Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer 5735 Laptop

Options
  • 25-11-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

For anyone who's interested. The above laptop is retailing for €499 in PC world and possibly Currys too. The specs look pretty good for the price.
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800<LI class=indentFeature>(2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
    • Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Basic
    • 3GB Memory Size
    • 160GB Hard Drive
    • 15.6″ Screen Size/Type
    • DVD Super Multi Double Layer
    • Intel GM45 Graphics Card Type
    • Wireless Enabled
    • Gloss Black Colour
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Not a bad spec. for the price, but the casing on this laptop is of poor quality; Expect it to fall apart.
    They keyboard layout may be beneficial to accountants, but for the rest of us, it feels cramped.
    Otherwise...fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

Just be aware that if anything goes wrong with Acers, you may end up in right lumber. At the very least you will be without if for ages. IMO, avoid like the plague........Speaking from very bitter experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

foggers wrote: »
    Just be aware that if anything goes wrong with Acers, you may end up in right lumber. At the very least you will be without if for ages. IMO, avoid like the plague........Speaking from very bitter experience.

I second that, very rude "customer support" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pretty sure this is the same one being advertised by them in UK/NI for
    £375/€445.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

tw0nk wrote: »
    I second that, very rude "customer support" too.

Yeah. agree totally, have been waiting on a part for over 3 months now and have rang them at least once a week and have got umpteen different stories including that they haven't shipped it yet(because they want to make sure that they put the right part in the box!!!, yeah, you heard me), that they actually shipped it August 20th, but won't provide proof of shipping even though another customer service guy told me that all their stuff is sent via DHL and tracked. I ain't got tiem to list out all the other contradictions that I have been told and the only thing I can say is someone is lying to me. Still waiting on the part, can't get it anywhere else(it's an extensa 4220 lcd cable if anyone knows where to get one, constantly check ebay and other sites and have put an ad on adverts.ie). Again I must stress, NEVER buy one of this crowds machines. A disgraceful shower of..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Well thanks for the heads up people. Was not planning on buying one but seen them in PC world while purchasing somethin else and thought that some people might be interested because of the specs. But going on all comments posted, wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole comes to mind!!

Advertisement