Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workgroup Multifunction

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Having a devil of a time tracking down a machine for a particular spec. Here's a list of requirements, in order:
    1. Networks scanning from workstations to applications, in particular OCR.
    2. 2x dedicated input trays.
    3. Duplex printing.
    4. Budget around €500.
    The HP OfficeJet L7780 seems ideal, but it's had horrendous reviews on CNET and PC World. Dell and Brother lasers seem to miss the mark on software.

If you use a workgroup printer, please make a recommendation.

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Your budget is tiny for a MFP, decent home printers cost more then that these days. I've recently spent close to 90k (well not my money) on HP 9550's and 4550's But these are designed for a much larger user base (2500 people)

For 500€ this is about the best that is out there, but its very slow for a mfp, but it has everything you are looking for:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-18972-238444-12004-3328086-3597338-3597339-3597340.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wouldn't have thought the budget is bad for an inkjet MFP. I'd stretch to €750 inclusive for a laser but it's not a requirement.

I'll check out the recommendation, thanks for that, however one thing that pops out at me is manual duplex, which is a bit of a PITA.

I know, I know, I'm an idealist. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Aye understandable, to be honest, you might be better of calling Datapac and have them provide a printer solution to you. YOu will rent it instead of buying it. Although, im not 100% sure if they will only do it for 1 printer, but worth giving them a call.

www.datapac.com
    Tel : 01 426 3500

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Prefer to buy tbh, but thanks anyway.

Anyone else familiar with these?

adam

Advertisement