Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Upgrades - anywhere to check?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am sure its been asked before. But is there anywhere to check when /where UPC are enabling their broadband?

My neighbour got connected to UPC TV and the engineer insists that their broadband will be available soon.

Ring UPC and suprise suprise they don't have a clue and the women was quite rude!

I am based in Carlow BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

My house got hooked up the other day will prob take about 5 weeks to go live, my girlfriends house got hooked up and about 1-2 weeks later she got a letter saying it will be live in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

My house got hooked up the other day will prob take about 5 weeks to go live, my girlfriends house got hooked up and about 1-2 weeks later she got a letter saying it will be live in 3 weeks

where in the country are you?

i am based in Carlow and I am just wondering when its going to get UPC broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I'd like to see a list of where UPC Broadband is available too?

Anyone know which areas of Limerick are covered (Raheen / Dooradoyle area?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

there is a thing on the right side of this link that you can enter your address and it will tell you what services are available in your area

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

dunworth1 wrote: »
    there is a thing on the right side of this link that you can enter your address and it will tell you what services are available in your area

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

Just dont get your hopes up though if it says its available as its told me in the past it was in my area but wasn't.
    I got a letter of then two months ago saying in about 12 weeks they would have BB in my area,I rang them last week to be told that the upgrades where only TV related and not BB even though it clearly states BB on the letter.:mad:
    I have rang them a few times over the last 6 months checking when or if it would be available in the future but they never have a clue about upgrades so best of luck finding out about your area.

LOL There site is down atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Their link on the site dosent work, i used it to confirm that it was available, signed up and got a date for them to install it, then get a mail a few ddays later saying its not actually available in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Wanton wrote: »

i am based in Carlow and I am just wondering when its going to get UPC broadband

If you look under my name it has my location :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Wanton wrote: »

I have UPC/Chorus BB 1 year + now and I'm from Carlow, I find its great tbh never had any fault with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I live in an older estate in Dublin, and about 3 months ago I had a guy from UPC come to the door to ask permission to replace the cabling to my house. I asked him why, and he explained they were rolling out broadband and digital in the area.

Great I thought, will switch from eircom when its installed.

He finished up, I waited a few weeks and rang (have actually rang twice in the last 4 weeks to get a different person) to be told that there is no broadband in my area and no plan to roll it out at present.

I asked why the installer would mislead me, the girl's response was along the lines of "computer says no".

Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

ArthurG wrote: »
    I live in an older estate in Dublin, and about 3 months ago I had a guy from UPC come to the door to ask permission to replace the cabling to my house. I asked him why, and he explained they were rolling out broadband and digital in the area.

Great I thought, will switch from eircom when its installed.

He finished up, I waited a few weeks and rang (have actually rang twice in the last 4 weeks to get a different person) to be told that there is no broadband in my area and no plan to roll it out at present.

I asked why the installer would mislead me, the girl's response was along the lines of "computer says no".

Grrrr.

Yeah I had the same problem,
    If I checked online it said it was not available and if I rang the National Contact (Sales Office in Limerick) number they said no its not on the system so you can't get it, I then said it to one of they guys working for Chorus locally and he said yeah ring this numbers (which was a local Carlow number) and I had it installed 4 days later. It really doesn't make sense why they would do something so stupid like this. I checked online again about 6 months later as my brother wanted the BB also and again it still showed up as not available on the National sales system, he rang the local number and again they installed it a few days later???? They seem to wait until the whole area is upgraded before updating the systems but the guy told me once the new hubs on your house are fitted its normally about 2~3wks after that and you can actually get it installed. .but they main offices don't know for at least 6~8 months ater, How dumb is that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

tombull82 wrote: »
    I have UPC/Chorus BB 1 year + now and I'm from Carlow, I find its great tbh never had any fault with it..

This thread is a year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement