Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about we...

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:01am

.... all try and think a little before we post in this forum?

The quantity of pure **** that has been posted here over the last while has been amazing. This forum is not here to provide you with a platform for randomly bashing FF and the government. After hours is the first link under the Rec menu. Try it. Nor is this forum here for you to put out your 'theories' about stock and house prices that were formed after half a pint of Fosters.

The amount of people generating noise on threads is just insane and they are ruining threads and the forum. Just because you think something (no matter how strongly you believe it) doesn't make it true, and if you want to propose something the show some proper evidence to support your claims. Don't just spout out.

Also, if you are too lazy to write out proper posts, and instead post crap like 'The Gov are all incompetent' and not even put a single justification, then why the hell should we put the effort in to reading them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I support your sentiment, and message, good sir. Just throwing this out there, but, Zaraba for third mod? :pac:

Not a chance!

Need to cut down on boards time with this MSc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Internet full of barely thought out ill-conceived ranting, and in other shocking news, water found to be wet .......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think you're going too far, zaraba.

We agreed to stop people posting absolute nonsense ("the world is gonna end!" stuff), but I don't think we should be too harsh on people interested in economics. Mike65 is widely-regarded on this site as a fair-minded, balanced and intelligent poster. You had a go at him on another thread, asking what qualifications he had to make comments on taxation matters. He may be wrong, but it was a reasonable opinion and I feel your response there, as here, is OTT.

This is going to sound somewhat strange seeing as I banned my housemate last night for the laugh, but let's not get too heavy-handed?

Advertisement