Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone recommend good business card printer?

• 25-11-2008 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some double sided business cards done and was wondering where I could get the best quality cards for someone on a relatively conservative budget. I'm not going to name my budget simply because I don't want to rule anything out until I've heard about them first.

I've looked on Google and seen places like VistaPrint where you can upload your own images, anyone ever used them? Do they produce good quality cards?

I'm keen to hear from people with personal experience from their recommended printers.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i use print24.ie very cheap and really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

results I've seen from moo cards are very nice

I've used Snap in a hurry before ... probably won't again unfortunately its quite pricey

Vista ... I'm not so sure about ... you've to get the premium and max them out for them to be decent quality in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

As NeVer said print24.ie are very good.
    Really good quality and an excellent service.
    I use them for flyers every month and never had a problem.
    The site mite look a bit cheap but all in all a top printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

As NeVer said print24.ie are very good.
    Really good quality and an excellent service.
    I use them for flyers every month and never had a problem.
    The site mite look a bit cheap but all in all a top printer.

Thanks! I was worried about the site when NeVer suggested it but as both of you have recommend it that's good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

cards will only ever be as good as the artwork provided...

www.print24.ie aren't that cheap actually...
    they charge €116.xx for 1,000 duplex bc, laminated.

We do the same for €120 and you can have them printed and finished while you wait, rather than waiting two weeks for them to be delivered. We will also sit down with you and design the cards properly rather than offering you prebuilt templates or relying on you to supply your own artwork.

Don't forget your local printhouse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

minikin wrote: »
    We will also sit down with you and design the cards properly rather than offering you prebuilt templates or relying on you to supply your own artwork.

Do you charge for this service? Where are you based because as I said I get flyers and sometimes posters printed every month for a club night I run and I’m always looking for competitive prices. If you can beat print24 prices and quality I’d surely throw some business your way. I’d be supplying my own artwork for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi E.N.

That price includes design & as many revisions as it takes (we're very flexible about things like that... rather retain a happy repeat client who feels part of the process rather than a one off who feels lectured to)

Our location probably wouldn't suit you - north county dublin (do a lot of trade print for other companies, not overly dependent on walk-in business so our location isn't that critical)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 condomondo

I can recommend Kilmartins.ie they are geared up for litho printin stationery and very competitive.

I've also used vistaprint.ie in the past, reasonably priced, but I felt the stock was too light, the colours dark and the size was non standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

Tralee Printing are top notch for business card

Their prices are on their website www.traleeprinting.com

Just fired off 3 sets of cards to be printed up, 1000 of each

They'll charge a bit on top for delivery but they are very efficient

I've used Snap, printing.com, printing.ie before but service with tralee is best

Used print24.ie for business cards before but the card used was very light, they may have improved since though.

there is another printer in Kerry which do a great deal on business cards but can't think of their name at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

I've used Reads and found the quality very good. Price is much more competitive than Snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If you're really on a budget, then moo.com print stuff.
    There's not alot of options with design, but they do a really good job, and very short runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thumbprint

It might be a bit late for this poster but I have recently started my own Print & Design company called Thumbprint Designs.

If you are still looking for print, email me at info@thumbprint-designs.com
    and I can give you a very competitive quotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Carpaydiem

A good digital printer:

The Type Bureau

typebureau@printnet.ie
    59 Merrion Square
    Dublin 2
    01 676 0022

I've used them numerous times. Turn around times are usually within 24 hours, and prices are excellent.

Give them a call and you'll get a quote over the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

Way late replying to this one, but I recommend Grehan Printers Ltd. They are based just off Pearse street.

www.grehanprinters.ie

If the jobs going to come out wrong on the artwork you provide they give you and call and tell you and offer to fix it for you rather than what other companies do and just print them even if half your texts missing. Also they do in house designing if your not so good at it yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jennywicklow

yep have a look at printclever.ie you can upload your own design or you can design your own card with their cool derigner tool... i used them and it worked out great..... got my cards back in 6 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Way late for OP, but might help someone else.

I've been using Punctual Print in Blessington, Wicklow recently. Really good rates, punctual delivery ;) and so far the best I've worked with. :) In house designers and all the rest of the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Thumbprint wrote: »
    It might be a bit late for this poster but I have recently started my own Print & Design company called Thumbprint Designs.

If you are still looking for print, email me at info@thumbprint-designs.com
    and I can give you a very competitive quotation

Got work done with these guys this week.

Quality is excellent and a pleasure to handle.
    Turn-around time was great (3Day) as I was under pressure.

Will be recommending and using again in the future

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ortese

I have used them before also.

A nice lad and very professional, my artwork was not the best, so he fixed it up for me at no extra charge.

I got business cards and leaflets and the quality for both is second to none.

I would have no problem sending work his way again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bell22

yep have a look at printclever.ie you can upload your own design or you can design your own card with their cool derigner tool... i used them and it worked out great..... got my cards back in 6 days

I also has good experience with this one, so I suggest that you use them too.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

we're doing a special at the mo of 1000 business scards at 70 euro + vat

also, 2000 full colour a6 flyers for 99

feel free to e-mail me if ye have any queries - jcomic@indigo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭mountain

Jim Comic wrote: »
    we're doing a special at the mo of 1000 business scards at 70 euro + vat

also, 2000 full colour a6 flyers for 99

feel free to e-mail me if ye have any queries - jcomic@indigo.ie

hows Mossy?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

mountain wrote: »
    hows Mossy?

dunno, who's mossy???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Countdoku

Nevore wrote: »
    Way late for OP, but might help someone else.

I've been using Punctual Print in Blessington, Wicklow recently. Really good rates, punctual delivery ;) and so far the best I've worked with. :) In house designers and all the rest of the extras.

Yea, got some cards there as well! Awesome place to buy business cards if you're into local. I'd always recommend going local, as there is just much more quality and service. At least from my experience so far. However, if you really want to print out your cards online, you might check out printsafari or moo. They are a little bit more costly maybe than vistaprint, but seriuously, Vistaprint sucked. Sorry.
    Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement