Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOSHUA RADIN

Options
  • 24-11-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anybody has heard of or listened to Joshua Radin? I have been listening to him for years now, and i think he is one of the most under rated artists around. Have a listen.

www.joshuaradin.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

meh, couple of nice little tunes, Winter is nice, as is Star Mile-few others too. Very one dimensional though. Nice soft acoustic tunes is about all he can do, can be nice at times, but a little boring at others.

man owes a big thank you to Zach Braff who constantly uses his music in his projects and is the main reason most people would've heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

He does owe alot to Zach Braff,not everything. He has only used him a few times in Scrubs. He is a talented artist no doubt. You may think he is one dimensional, but he is doing what he knows best. Have a listen to his new album Simple Times, it is a little different to his previous stuff.

I also admire him for turning down a big contract from Sony.
    He had a deal with Sony, as they wanted him to have a more "poppy" sound. He fought the temptation of the big corporation/media and pretty much requested he do it alone signing up for an independent label Mom and Pop records.

Not many musicians would do that in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

few songs in scrubs and also in The Last Kiss, which Braff directed.

I'll check the album out.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

He's playing over here in March, Sugar Club!

Ye i saw that. I went to see him in doyles back in june. Was a very good show, despite only playing a few songs. I'll defo be at the sugar club in March.

• Advertisement

Just went to his gig in the sugarclub last week. It was amazing. He even came out on the piss with us afterwards. No Joke!

He is playing another gig at the academy on october 4th, if anybody is interested. Tickets are only €17. Well worth going!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Cool, maybe he'll have the whole band with him this time.

Advertisement