Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exemptions

Options
  • 24-11-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Ello
    Iv Been Doing Spanish for the past 3 years
    My Spanish class is completely overcrowded ,because there was only one opening in the timetable and 30 students wanted to do Spanish
    The school let all 30 students study it
    I'm finding it very hard to learn anything with so many people because there is a lot of messing and the teacher cant control them ,
    Iv asked the principle to make the class smaller ,But she refused
    And now I'm picking my leaving cert subjects and I just wanted to know if because of this problem could i get an exemption from Spanish so that i can go to college if i don't go back into it.
    And how would i go about getting one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hm, I don't think having 30 people in your class is good grounds to get an exemption from studying a foreign language... (If that were the case, nobody would have had to do pass maths in my year, because they had at least 30 in the class.)
    So um... make sure you pick a foreign language in your LC subjects, you can't assume you'll be able to get an exemption and you'd be definitely screwed if you got to 6th year to discover you don't have the necessary subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd say get used to it, and suck it up. In my LC classes theres from 20-30 people in most classes. There was over 30 in a class for JC.. and there'll be many, many more than that in college.

Advertisement