Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding 2nd bottle cage

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

This may look like a silly question but....
    I went to add a second bottle cage to my bike today only to find that (and excuse the lack of technical terms here :o) that the derailer was attached such that its "ring" was smack in between the two screw points for the bottle cage. Is this normal? Do I just tighten one fully and the other as much as I safely can without bending the cage/damaging bike etc.
    I have a cube streamer 2007.....I believe you have one too niceonetom?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

you can get some little spacers which add to the clearance. should be able to get them in any bike shop. That 'ring' is the derailleur clamp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have this on my touring bike. The bottle cage I use is a Tacx Tao which doesn't have any "back" bit to it, works very well.

tacx_tao.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

albob wrote: »
    .....I believe you have one too niceonetom?

i do indeed. and very well she does too. my bike must be a bit bigger than yours though - my bottle cages don't go anywhere near the derailleur clamp.

other than that how's the bike treating you? made any modifications/upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭albob

Hi,
    Must get my hands on a couple of spacers so. If I had realised it, that cage looks perfect blorg.
    Bike going perfectly for me. More than exceeds my needs! No upgrades yet....but dying to get a new saddle. Might splash out out carbon post too. Saddle post that came with bike felt heavy (not that I have anything to compare it with). Must give it a wah too! Have the 56cm by the way.
    Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

If you need a saddle, look here -I recommend this one -I ordered one the other day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If you need a saddle, look here -I recommend this one -I ordered one the other day!

I might be selling one of them soon.

Raam wrote: »
    I might be selling one of them soon.

Got something better?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Got something better?

My Selle Italia from my other bike suits me better, so I want to get one for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭albob

Gee...no recession here guys :)
    Sweet looking saddle though. DId you get the flood sale one? nice one if you did.

Gee...no recession here guys :)
    Sweet looking saddle though. DId you get the flood sale one? nice one if you did.

Yeah, I got the half price one -hadn't realised it was gone when I linked -but there's a few others there you could go for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Must get my hands on a couple of spacers so.

The valve nuts off a couple of presta valves will do the job nicely.

Advertisement