Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event Catering

Options
  • 24-11-2008 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi does anyone know where I can hire a mobile catering unit in Ireland? I hope to start a small business to cater for outdoor events next summer, unfortunately the only sites I can find on the net are UK based and don't service Ireland. Also I need to hire a small amount of frozen storage (1-2 pallets) but have been told by a number of cold store providers that this quantity is too low, any ideas?? All advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This is what i'd do - scan the buy and sell etc and look for the ideal catering van to do your gig. Then call up the owner and make a appt. to go see and view it. Then haggles a deal to HIRE it as opped to buy it. In this slooooooooooooooow market, the vendor will be happy to hire it to i'd say.....if not, keep going till you find one that will.

Re; the storage............again, approach small enterprise owners with fridges like large deli's in service stations and ask for them to accomodate you - all they can say is no!
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

I'm sure in the current environment someone like your local butcher would be more than willing to take your money in lieu of some storage space in his freezer/cold room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RyanM

Thanks folks I'll look into it, true to say everyone's happy for the few euro these days!

Advertisement