If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email answering?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭

Do rs answer mails or is it best to ring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

They do both
    On friday John Mc answered my mail in 15 minutes.
    However, i guess they get tonnes of mails so ringing is better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

On the other hand, I've been waiting a couple of weeks for a reply to my email, so I think I'll ring in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same here with my emails but all i get from the webstore is it ringing out and an answering machine!
    Wonder should we wait til next Mon to get the VAT decrease or are they quick at getting stock thats on the UK site in?

OOPS
    i better see up before reply!!! i said to move this thread to RS but its already here///
    Good night

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Boardies,

John McDonald here from Richer Belfast - Can I apologise to all boardies who either have not received an email reply or a response to their phone calls promptly as described above.

As many of you will know we are a small team of 10 people in Belfast - not some large multi national with call centres all over the world churning out standard replies. To add to the difficulty we are again down several Colleagues due to illness and Kenny who steers our mail order has been in hospital for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

We DO try to answer E V E R Y email that comes in on a daily basis - ie we aim for a 24 hour turnaround, however some emails do take time to research (especially price beats and technical queries) - to give you an example - I personally received an email from a boardie on Sunday afternoon just before 4 in the afternoon - it was a complicated query including a pricebeat from a shop based in the UK who are not open on Sundays so I could not contact them and a technical query that required info from the manufacturer - on Monday morning at 11am the same Boardie emailed me complaining that we had not yet replied and were we interested in his business?, at the time I was actually on to the manufacurer for the 2nd time that morning trying to answer the Boardies queries.

As a small business we do value EVERY Customer and yes, confession time, we have let some slip through the cracks however my personal phone number is at the bottom of every one of my posts and emails - something that I don't think Currys or Harvey Norman or The Sony Centres offer and I take about 50 calls a day from Boardies which I welcome - so if you do have any queries or issues please mail or call me directly. However please do not PM me as my PM box literally fills up every day - please email me to johnmc@richersounds.ie

With regard to our phone message in our Belfast store - we have 4 lines coming into the store and yesterday we had 4 Colleagues in - the shop was mental busy so we had to put 2 lines onto the answering machine - as you are all aware there is nothing worse when you are in a shop as trying to grab someones attention when the sales assistant is constantly ignoring you when they are on the phone - however we do listen to every message when we close and we do call every Customer back - however at times we cannot get through to Customers - again if you cannot get through you all have my office number and we will do our best to assist with any queries.

We do realise that we are a long way from prefection - however we do care about our Customers and again please email me directly if you are not getting satisfaction from the general sales email or phone lines.

So in short, sorry we screwed up - we WILL try to do better and if we don't please contact me directly,

Thnaks all,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John, thats very honest of you and encourages me to deal with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I can't understand people getting tetchy with RS when they don't get immediate replies. Ok so RS gets business from Boardsies but they do not deal exclusively with Boardsies and have other customers to satisfy. I often wonder if John Mc ever regrets setting up this forum due to some of the "RS haven't answered my post yet" comments.

I for one have gotten great deals from them and appreciate their customer service which is the best I've ever experienced anywhere. I had an initial problem with the tv I bought from them and John himself phoned me to offer to take it back no questions asked. However, I had managed in the interim to get the correct settings for it and the picture was now perfect so I declined his offer but thanked him anyway.

If you're not happy at getting an immediate response, then try Harvey Normans where you can part with a lot more dosh for a tv that the salesman knows nothing about and treats you like an annoyance.

I'm in the market for a new tv and there's only one place I'll bother looking - guess where that is?;)

I don't think he should be sorry he started this forum as i wouldn't have gone near them if it weren't for the advice and feedback people give here, yourself included Dave. The fact that John came on here and said the honest truth is good enough for me and hopefully most others, once we know they care are customers and are trying their best.

The fact that they appear to be overworked with their bricks and mortar and online stores would only point to the fact that these guys have loyal customers who return for the bargains and service that RS provides.

If you don't get through by email/phone, then treat the missus to a day's shopping in Belfast and while she's looking at the hundreth pair of shoes, nip down to Richersounds and do the deal in person.;)

Cork to Belfast is way too far!! Having said that, no one here has ever heard of them so my friends are awaiting to see how my deal goes with them and they may follow suit. word of mouth and reputation is indeed a great thing

• Advertisement

I got a samsung 46inch series 6 off them for €1,300 when they were selling in DID and Powercity for €2,000. I also got an Onkyo av amp and speakers for €1,200 when the Onkyo was priced at more than that alone in Peats. The amp and speakers were free delivery and the tv, that had to be shipped from the UK to Belfast and then to Kildare cost just £20 delivery. I was sent the wrong speaker wire but one phone call later, a top quality speaker cable was winging its way to me.

I don't think you'll go wrong with these guys, especially now that their VAT rate is dropping.

John

You dont need to be sorry in that details,
    we are aware of situation and "delay of 1 or 2 reply" wont put loyal RS cusotmers (Like me) off from you.
    Keep the good work ON.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

TheDriver wrote: »
    Cork to Belfast is way too far!!

I'm not too sure about that. I'm gettin a new Tv in after Christmas. Its a fairly popular one(Sony 40v4000 or Sony 40W4000) so i'm not sure if i'll be able to get it shipped down here. Was considering driving up to Belfast to collect it as it still seems a LOT cheaper than anywhere else!!The day off is no bother but i reckon petrol up to there and back would only cost me about 40e if i can persuade my friend to lend me his Diesel car!! Am i mad!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

It would be a long drive from cork allright though i was tempted also as i also wanted one of the 40w4000.
    I wonder how long it would take in a hiace and cost of diesel?

I wonder could we buy them and get them collected by courier on a pallet or whatever maybe k&L in millstreet which would cost around €60 or so?

Is this possible John mac if tvs were paid upfront?

regards,

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yay!!! I'm not the only one from Cork:D:D:D Judging from Google maps, Macroom(Fairly near where i'm from) to Belfast is about 285 miles one way. If i'm able to get a car that does around 60mpg, that would cost about 45e, in diesel, for the round trip. It would take about 5 hours, though, so it would be an early start!!

As for a courier, that would be great as long as it wasnt too much more than driving. Amazing that, even when thats added in it would still be WAY cheaper than any of the shops down here...

Anyway, i wont be able to afford a tv till after Crimbo so i cant do anything at the moment. As for the tv i'm looking at, the 40v4000, its 640£ at RS at the moment, but, a couple of weeks ago, it was only 600£. Hopin that goes down again. If not, the 40W4000 is only 700£, and if the V does'nt drop i'd go for that. Saw it in a shop in Cork the other day and it was f**kin amazing:eek::eek:. The Mpeg4 tuner would be a nice bonus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

does anyone know if you can pay cash in euro in their belfast store?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

TheDriver wrote: »
    word of mouth and reputation is indeed a great thing

IMO, today, it's not just a great thing - it's everything. Sellers can't afford to muck buyers around anymore: we'll just go on forums and tell our stories.
    j4vier wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can pay cash in euro in their belfast store?

A question that relates well to one of my own . . .

I'm led to believe that RS Belfast can get pretty much any product listed on the RS.com site, even if it's not listed on the RS.ie site?

If that's true, how does the pricing work out? I don't want to be perceived as a nit-picker or a tightwad, but we are talking about bargains & value-for-money here.

An example, richersounds.ie have the TH-42PZ80 listed for €1320 (if you collect) with a 5-year warranty.

richersounds.com have the same TV listed for £814 with the 5 year warranty - that's €900 or so.

Is it the case, as suggested on another thread (note to self: stop posting similar messages on multiple threads :o), that the prices on the .ie site are not as up-to-date as the .com site?

I'd like to think RS in Belfast would be charging an ROI customer €900 for a TH-PZ80 collected from Belfast, rather than €1320 - is that the case?

Like most nerds with OCD, I like to browse for products that I fancy, I make up a list of all the stuff I settle on, I browse for best prices, I browse for opinions (good or bad) on the sellers with the best prices, and I tot-up my likely total spend for all the stuff I want, from the sellers that I decide on. Should I be using the prices listed on RS.com or RS.ie?

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Yay!!! I'm not the only one from Cork:D:D:D Judging from Google maps, Macroom(Fairly near where i'm from) to Belfast is about 285 miles one way. If i'm able to get a car that does around 60mpg, that would cost about 45e, in diesel, for the round trip. It would take about 5 hours, though, so it would be an early start!!

As for a courier, that would be great as long as it wasnt too much more than driving. Amazing that, even when thats added in it would still be WAY cheaper than any of the shops down here...

Anyway, i wont be able to afford a tv till after Crimbo so i cant do anything at the moment. As for the tv i'm looking at, the 40v4000, its 640£ at RS at the moment, but, a couple of weeks ago, it was only 600£. Hopin that goes down again. If not, the 40W4000 is only 700£, and if the V does'nt drop i'd go for that. Saw it in a shop in Cork the other day and it was f**kin amazing:eek::eek:. The Mpeg4 tuner would be a nice bonus too.

Here's a thought: how about an "RS collection round trip"? Head up in a hired van, buy the stuff for multiple customers, drop off the "orders" along the way on the way back down to Cork - not a profit-making exercise (that'd be against the spirit of the exercise), but a convenient banding-together of efforts, for mutual benefit.

Mark

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mark & Guys,

Another Boardie with OCD - I think we all have it!

Ok I admit that the .ie website is waaaayyyy out of date and does not reflect the difference in sterling pricing - as pretty much all of you guys know we advise EVERYONE to purchase in sterling - it's better for you and handier for us as well.

Regarding Pana pricing - at the moment the Panasonic we sell comes with the benefit of a 5 year Panasonic Warranty whilst our Richer UK cousins charge extra for their excellent Panel protection product so to be fair you are not really comparing like with like - with the exception of Panasonic we will do all products on www.richersounds.com site here in Ireland at E X A C T L Y the same price (or occassioonally even cheaper - ask the 10's of Boardies who have bought Onkyo 606's from us over the last few months!).

The next bit is the important bit - if you do see ANY product that we stock cheaper, anywhere in Ireland, then subject to our normal T and C's we will beat that price!

Most Boardies already know that if you have a beef please just email me to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I do try to reply to pretty much every mail personally - and yes we would love to see the Boardies mystery tour hit Belfast, just tell us you're coming and we will have the mince pies ready!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hi John,
    Did you get a chance to look at my email reply to you the other day? (I'm the one looking for the Sony W4500 with the blueray panasonic & stand!).

cheers
    Joe.

johnmc wrote: »
    Mark & Guys,

Another Boardie with OCD - I think we all have it!

Ok I admit that the .ie website is waaaayyyy out of date and does not reflect the difference in sterling pricing - as pretty much all of you guys know we advise EVERYONE to purchase in sterling - it's better for you and handier for us as well.

Regarding Pana pricing - at the moment the Panasonic we sell comes with the benefit of a 5 year Panasonic Warranty whilst our Richer UK cousins charge extra for their excellent Panel protection product so to be fair you are not really comparing like with like - with the exception of Panasonic we will do all products on www.richersounds.com site here in Ireland at E X A C T L Y the same price (or occassioonally even cheaper - ask the 10's of Boardies who have bought Onkyo 606's from us over the last few months!).

The next bit is the important bit - if you do see ANY product that we stock cheaper, anywhere in Ireland, then subject to our normal T and C's we will beat that price!

Most Boardies already know that if you have a beef please just email me to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I do try to reply to pretty much every mail personally - and yes we would love to see the Boardies mystery tour hit Belfast, just tell us you're coming and we will have the mince pies ready!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.