Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WalshEngineering.com review

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have just launched www.walshengineering.com and I was hoping a few of you could have a browse around and see if you can spot any problems etc. Any general feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a question to anyone who owns/operates an e-commerce site: I'm new to this and not really sure what to expect.. What would the average browser-to-buyer ratio be? What percentage visitors to sales would you be happy with? Would 0.5% be good?

Appreciate the help,

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

very nice and clean design, really like rhe colours. the only criticism i would have are on the Material Safety Data Sheets page and the Video Demos page, the layout could be a bit cleaner, maybe using a drop down(expand/collapse) type listing. also some of the pages havent been titled yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Nice site. Its very narrow and long. I'd say you could easily go 2 inches wider (there are some posts over at the Irish Web Masters Forum) - you'd also get some more feedback, esp technical items.

Also, the gap or separation between sections and products could be a little better, but that's just my opinion

Your second question - you will see all kinds of ratio's, from .001% and up. It depends on your traffic sources etc. Buyer ratios become more important for PPC or purchased traffic programmes. SEO traffic and referral less so.

Now all you have to do is get it into google, get it to number 1 etc :p

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

I like the design, its clean and attractive looking. My 2 cents worth though, have a look into your SEO; I did a google search on one of your video's titles and it is not coming up, neither did one of the products I searched for.
    I would def want to look at getting that sorted if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I looks great to me, its easy to find the products and all the details are there. I particularly like the tell-a-friend feedback.

If I could make one comment: The message field in Tell a Friend could be read-only for users who aren't logged in. Have something like : "Saw this on Walsh Engineering and though I'd tell you about it", you get the idea. But other than that you've done a great job.

What eCommerce solution are you using?

Advertisement