Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some help/advice

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

So i had a video file i wanted to rar on my desktop

I wanted to split it into 60mb parts but ended up doing 6kb parts or something like that :o anyway ended up with 2000+ rar files on the desktop
    Windows froze, so i logged in with safe mode/command prompt and deleted all the rars but now when i try to get on the PC, it loads up the desktop with just the control bar along the bottom, and windows explorer keeps crashing :o

When i go through safemode/dos i can dir and see everything that should be on the recycle bin

ps windows vista

Any advice/help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

From personal experience, Stick in the Vista dvd boto from it and run a repair installation. You wont loose any data but this will be by far the quickest method of getting back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Manties wrote: »
    From personal experience, Stick in the Vista dvd boto from it and run a repair installation. You wont loose any data but this will be by far the quickest method of getting back to normal.

Thanks

I rebooted a few times and eventually it fixed itself :)

Advertisement