Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibre

Options
  • 24-11-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Trying to teach myself cad, has anyone used this package?

http://www.alibre.com/

I tried the free version, and found it fairly good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Just downloading the free version now, will give some initial thoughts later on or tomorrow, the licence is certainly affordable, and the maintenance. Might suit for basics, maybe more, lets see!

1st impressions after playing for 30 mins, for the money involved its definitly value imo. Does all the basics well. Need to look more into features, eg. frame design, that would be a big plus for me, and I'v not found it anywhere yet. Although I'v not used it in years the UIF reminds me of Inventor, might be wrong there tho. More to come....

Has anybody else looked at this software? Been working all day and not got much time to really check it out till weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

MrPreachan wrote: »
    1st impressions after playing for 30 mins, for the money involved its definitly value imo. Does all the basics well. Need to look more into features, eg. frame design, that would be a big plus for me, and I'v not found it anywhere yet. Although I'v not used it in years the UIF reminds me of Inventor, might be wrong there tho. More to come....

While playing around with it, I found a good resource:
    http://www.instructables.com/group/cad/

What is "Inventor"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

I don't know it myself. I've heard from GMIT Letterfrack students doing furniture design that they use Inventor, though.

Advertisement