Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meteor have gone Chinese?

• 24-11-2008 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Just found this on the Meteor website.
    Appears to be Chinese? Some of the links on their website go to pages like this for no reason.
    Somebody in their web department messed up a wee bit.... :D

http://www.meteor.ie/cs/about_meteor/

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

They have advertised to the chineese comunity in Ireland for a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

That's fair enough but I stumbled across a few pages in Chinese on their English section. They are on price plans, and store section of the English site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

those chinese bastards are taking over. we give them money to make our disposable consumer electronic crap for years, then they take over our country!

This post has been deleted.

These links were on the Meteor homepage. It was no mistake on my part.
    Meteor went a bit crazy last night :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

See the little flags in the top right corner of their home page? All sorts of funny languages available to choose from there.

robinph wrote: »
    See the little flags in the top right corner of their home page? All sorts of funny languages available to choose from there.

Yeah I see that but when I logged in last night to www.meteor.ie and clicked price plans on their homepage it brought me straight to a page in Chinese.
    They fixed it this morning thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

towel401 wrote: »
    those chinese bastards are taking over. we give them money to make our disposable consumer electronic crap for years, then they take over our country!

Watch your language.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

towel401 wrote: »
    flodis79 wrote: »
    Watch your language.

As flodis says, watch the language sir.

Advertisement