Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License

Options
  • 23-11-2008 3:25pm

Hi Guys,
    This has probably been asked before, but I'm renting (as a student) in Galway, and I'm wondering is it my responsibility to pay the TV License, or is it generally the landlords?

It's his TV that was here when we arrived, and my parents rent out a house, in which they pay the TV License as they own the TV.

We got the letter, the one addressed to 'the Occupant' the other day and bought a license, i'm just wondering is it our responsibility or his.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Hi Guys,
    This has probably been asked before, but I'm renting (as a student) in Galway, and I'm wondering is it my responsibility to pay the TV License, or is it generally the landlords?

It's his TV that was here when we arrived, and my parents rent out a house, in which they pay the TV License as they own the TV.

We got the letter, the one addressed to 'the Occupant' the other day and bought a license, i'm just wondering is it our responsibility or his.

Thanks,
    Shane

Its yours,doesnt matter who owns it but who uses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Hi Guys,

yes it would be your responsibility unless othwise agreed with the landlord the letter is the give away 'to the Occupant'which means they would know who the house belongs to and that it is rented out but if I was only staying a short while I don't think I would pay for a T.V. License:)

So its our tv to license then. Ok, sounds like it makes sense!
    riff-raff wrote: »
    yes it would be your responsibility unless othwise agreed with the landlord the letter is the give away 'to the Occupant'which means they would know who the house belongs to and that it is rented out but if I was only staying a short while I don't think I would pay for a T.V. License:)

The only reason we bought it is it says they are visiting the area, and a friend of mine up the road already got stung! I don't want to have 'a court appearance and a hefty fine' lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

So its our tv to license then. Ok, sounds like it makes sense!

The only reason we bought it is it says they are visiting the area, and a friend of mine up the road already got stung! I don't want to have 'a court appearance and a hefty fine' lol

Unless you give the landlord's name when they knock ..:D but I only recommend that one if you intend moving house;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you don't want to pay for it, ask the landlord to take the TV away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement