Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 weeks enough?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi

My oyfriend and I are currently considering going to Australia and New Zealand next Noovember (2 weeks in Ox, 1 in NZ). We were wondering if this is too short?

We don't want to travel immensely - we were thinknig about arriving in Brisbane and getting a bus to sydney and then flying to auckland?

Or should we just spend 3 weeks in australia??Any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

IMO anything less than a month is pretty pointless. The fact that you want to do NZ as well will make it hard to anything substantial because you'll spend a lot of time travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

With only 3 weeks, I would concentrate on seeing just one country(and for that amount of time, I'd probably pick NZ South Island), as otherwise you'll spend all your time travelling around. I wouldn't bother with a bus from Brisbane to Sydney...internal flights are pretty cheap and alot quicker!

I didn't think much of Brisbane itself, but it's not far to Fraser Island or Byron Bay which are infinitely superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

niborm wrote: »
    With only 3 weeks, I would concentrate on seeing just one country ... Byron Bay which (is) infinitely superior.
    I cant say enough about Byron. It is a small town but the beaches and surrounding areas are beautiful. Three weeks is far too short to take in so much. Either do one country or the other. If I was to go to NZ I would stay at least three weeks. There is so much beautiful scenery packed into such a small country (compared to Australia at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah agree with all above, 3 weeks just spend it on country
    either East coast oz or South NZ

if Oz, Fraser Island and Whitsundays are top of your list, byron next, skip brisbane, if you want to see sydney and surrounds spend 3-4 days
    1 city, 1 suburbs (coogee-bondi walk or manly) 1 - Blue mountains
    etc etc

as poster said flights are very cheap can be 50euro at the moment
    even less if you get it on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

hussey wrote: »
    ..just spend it on [...] the East coast oz..
    Waiting for the lashback from Xavi6 to begin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

havent been to NZ so cant say anything about that.

If i had only 3 weeks, i wouldnt even get a far south as brisbane. stay north east coast. whitsundays, day trip to fraser island, basically do as many beachces down the coast as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah tannytantans

I agree with all the guys here 3 weeks is very short for Oz n Nz . Depends on what you want to do and see. If you have the money and don't mind driving you could fly into Melbourne do the city for a day or 2 then fly to Sydney anothr 2 days, hire a camper van or use the buese and travel up the east coast . Now you talking alot of driving and you wouldn't leave much time in any one place .

See chat below

One of the camper van companies advise
    Aim to cover 150 - 200 kilometers per day and you will experience Australia in comfort.

distance.JPG

Really I guess with 3 weeks you best pick one place and relax . One great place to do this is as hussey said Fraser Island and Whitsundays.

To see the whole of Oz at a comfortable rate your talking 3 months at least .

Hope this helps

Advertisement