Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting

Options
  • 23-11-2008 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Does any irish betting sites do each way betting for golf competitions? I check a few sites now and again when tournaments come up but the only option available seems to be betting on an outright winner. (I'd rather do the lotto!!) :D

Or is there any sites that support more betting options in the world of golf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Pretty much every single bookmaker in operation offers each way betting on golf. Just go into the outright market and you'll have the option to back a player each way. Nearly all companies offer ther markets like to finish in the top 5, to finish in the top 10, top country/region player, 3 balls etc etc etc. It's one of the sports with the most gambling options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Take BoyleSports for example with the Hong Kong Open:
    http://www.boylesports.com/betting/?gi=6&sID=666.1

you can back a player and you have the option of each way. But where is it specified the each way payout? (i.e if I wanted to back David Frost for a top ten finish how would I go about doing it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

By Top 10 finish, i presume you're looking for a specific place market as opposed to each way. Nearly all companies will offer these pre tournament but almost none will offer it in running (throughout the event). Ring up their dial a bet/customer services or drop an e-mail and request a player for a top 10/5/whatever finish and they should quote you.

If you look at the market below, there is each way terms quoted underneath the list of selections (1/4 odds 1-2-3).

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=7&ev_type_id=2537&ev_oc_grp_ids=6451&bir_index=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Thanks for that!! Clears a few things up, might just stick to headin down to the local bookies for specific bets!

Advertisement