Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPR upgrade options

Options
  • 23-11-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

I have a Dboys SPR and its not as accurate as id like.

Looking for a hop-up or tightbore barrel maybe, any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Get a prometheus 6.03mm tightbore barrel and a guarder clear type hop-up rubber. It should increase your range and accuracy a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Get a prometheus 6.03mm tightbore barrel and a guarder clear type hop-up rubber. It should increase your range and accuracy a lot.

is this the hop up rubber your talking about??? http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=272

and where would i get one of those tightbores???

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Yep, thats the one. As for the tightbore try here or here. I assume its an M16 SPR with a 509mm barrel that you have, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get your gun up to somewhere around the 300-320fps mark too, that combined with a tight bore barrel and a decent hopup should see you getting much better accuracy.,

Would it not already be at that sort of power???

And where would i get a spring to fit it???

• Advertisement

theres loads of places to get them, your gun might already be around the limit anyway, best to find out first and then look into getting the spring., ehobbyasia.com have plenty of springs. look for the promethius MS90.,

And how would I find out???

take it to one of the retailers or skirmish sites, they'll be happy to chrono it for ya.,

Oh... cant see that happening any time soon, but i think I need that hop up upgrade first because my BBs are dropping very short on 0 and full hop up adjustment, or maybe thats a spring power problem...

Yep, thats the one. As for the tightbore try here or here. I assume its an M16 SPR with a 509mm barrel that you have, is it?

I checked and I think it's around 470mm. Would this work? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/prometheus-6-03-eg-barrel-for-g3-sg1-469mm.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    I checked and I think it's around 470mm. Would this work? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/prometheus-6-03-eg-barrel-for-g3-sg1-469mm.html

That should fit no problem at all!

And I'd just like to confirm that ehobbyasia is a secure website and that I should have no trouble with customs ect?

And I'd just like to confirm that ehobbyasia is a secure website and that I should have no trouble with customs ect?

I've placed plenty of orders with them with no problems, you shouldn't have trouble with customs either.

Well it's just I've heard that there's some law that only retailers can order in from abroad? Lies?

Well it's just I've heard that there's some law that only retailers can order in from abroad? Lies?

That's only for AEG's GBB's etc not for spare parts and I don't think that law is in effect yet either. That law will only apply to the AEG's and stuff, not spare parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

if you have a coke can handy you can use that as a rough chrono
    i think if it goes through one side and puts a good dent in the other side its around 310fps

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

A new barrel and hopup bucking seem to be the best idea and a new air nossile.

gungun wrote: »
    if you have a coke can handy you can use that as a rough chrono
    i think if it goes through one side and puts a good dent in the other side its around 310fps

Sorry not really, trust me not true at all. a gun shooting at 280 fps can put a whole right through the can. A chrono is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

ah ok so
    id never done it myself so im just going on what i read on the net and as most things, its not true:P
    thanks

Well if I get it shooting well I'll bring it to a site and find out for sure, but I'm pretty positive it's almost as powerful as It's gonna get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

In the meantime try accurising your sights, it's simple, free and doesn't take a lot of time. You can even do it in your back garden (though best results at your modal engagement range).

I'm way past that, I've a scope shlapped on there. I want to get the tightbore and everything else first or zeroing it properly is going to be a bit... tricky...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Works fine for me and I have a wonky barrel, even if the range you can achieve accurate fire at is limited by poor equipment you can still improve performance while new parts are in transit.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Works fine for me and I have a wonky barrel, even if the range you can achieve accurate fire at is limited by poor equipment you can still improve performance while new parts are in transit.

Well to be honest I don't any BBs and I have a red dot sight which I will use if I dont want to use the scope so there isnt much point!

Advertisement