Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i have a chance of getting back My Photos

Options
  • 22-11-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    i have a big problem. So on Wednesday i took photos but The memory card on my camera phone keep coming up as Full , So by accident i deleted all my photos. I used web programs such as "Photo Rescue" and others applications.

They found most the photos but was missing the most recent ones. The ones i really want. The other Ones are backed up. Then I seen on a forum that reformatting might work. So i done that and now nothing is coming up.

http://www.hns.ie/ is a professional place which says they can get data back. But im not sure if i can even get it fixed. Does anyone know anything else i could try to get it back?

BTW: Its a Sony Ericsson Camera Phone I was using with a M2 card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

recuva works reasonably well.

reformatting wasnt the best idea tbh

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Refortmatting is something you defnitely do not want to do my guess is that you can say good bye to the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

I no But i was told on the fourm i should do it and like a knob i followed straight away.

But theres loads of websites that say they can fix accidental Formatting.

Nothing is ever deleted from drives just over written, some programs can reclaim fragments of files and put them back together, larger the file size the more difficult it is.

http://www.recuva.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nothing is ever deleted from drives just over written, some programs can reclaim fragments of files and put them back together, larger the file size the more difficult it is.

http://www.recuva.com/

Tried it but didnt work>:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

heymayo wrote: »
    I no But i was told on the fourm i should do it and like a knob i followed straight away.

Just to make a point heymayo, I only told you what worked for me.
    As pointed out, nothing is ever completely deleted from a card unless it is securely erased using a zero rewrite tool or such like.
    I'm sorry things aren't working out for you.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Just to make a point heymayo, I only told you what worked for me.
    As pointed out, nothing is ever completely deleted from a card unless it is securely erased using a zero rewrite tool or such like.
    I'm sorry things aren't working out for you.
    I no i wasn't blaming you. Im just saying i was a dope for jumping straight away and doing it..

Well the card is saying there is nothing on it. Weird thing is happening when i select the memory card for location of where i want saved pics to go it wont let me . it just says on phone memory

I was doing a scan.It found only 1 file but 68 o/s files . What does this mean??

bedlam wrote: »
    Recuva won't get anything back after a format

I must have been the exception to the rule then. I only got my files back after a format. :confused:

I must have been the exception to the rule then. I only got my files back after a format. :confused:

x2 :confused:

wont get anything big back but gets back photos and other small files

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    x2 :confused:

wont get anything big back but gets back photos and other small files

Um.. got back a 800 odd Mb file of Ubantu. :rolleyes:

bedlam wrote:
    hmmm, quick format perhaps?

I only have one option of format on my Canon camera. My problem was, the card was not recognised by windows.
    bedlam wrote:
    edit: stand corrected, there's a deep scan option could possibly do it.

That is exactly what I used after formatting in the camera. :)

Um.. got back a 800 odd Mb file of Ubantu. :rolleyes:

Didnt get my 700mb Big Ass Anal 7 file back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

i lost my hard drive a year or so back... managed to get all my files ... it also could get files back after formatting...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

realized my last post was as usefull as a knitted condom. lol..
    software was called get back... there was 2 versions... Get Back NTFS and Get Back FAT

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

When doing any file recovery, do NOT recover onto the volume being recoverd. This reduces the chances of your files being recovered

is it true that i have to use a memory card reader reader for the thing to work??

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

Yes, you will need to use a memory card reader, fortunatley your camera should suffice provided you have all the proper connections.

Advertisement