Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footstar- Football career game

Options
  • 22-11-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

http://www.footstar.org/

I don't know if any of you have tried this online football game yet, but I quite like it myself, basically you are one of thousands of players from around the world, Ireland currently has 130 players, and you lead a career as a footballer from being a 17 year old prospect to playing for Ireland in the world cup, fairly simple, you can get away with logging on for 15 minutes once or twice a week if you are so inclined, or you can spend hours on the forums learning about the game, and coming up with ways to improve the game.

I have just set up a team myself- Craggy Island AFC, and we need players, as does the Irish community as a whole. Currently there are 7 active teams in Ireland.

Please give the game a try, it's well worth it, and if you join send my player, Samuel Entwistle [manager of Craggy Island] a message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kerunch

Does that git Lee Burgess still play? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niallmcdonnell

i tried to join but it says it takes up to 3 days to activate. not very appealing but i'll give it a try:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

kerunch wrote: »
    Does that git Lee Burgess still play? :eek:

No and thank god for that :D:D:D

i tried to join but it says it takes up to 3 days to activate. not very appealing but i'll give it a try:(

The three days will just fly by:D

I'm really starting to love this game, made my international debut with the under 18's today and we beat England.

When your player is activated please send me a message.

I sent you an offer, I'm assuming you're Nialler by the way.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd post up a few pictures in case anyone is wondering what it looks like,

http://e.imagehost.org/view/0029/Player_Page

http://e.imagehost.org/view/0767/Team_Page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jaymz1987

Lee burgess still plays, he reset, his name is hugh joyse

seadog9 wrote: »
    http://www.footstar.org/

I don't know if any of you have tried this online football game yet, but I quite like it myself, basically you are one of thousands of players from around the world, Ireland currently has 130 players, and you lead a career as a footballer from being a 17 year old prospect to playing for Ireland in the world cup, fairly simple, you can get away with logging on for 15 minutes once or twice a week if you are so inclined, or you can spend hours on the forums learning about the game, and coming up with ways to improve the game.

I have just set up a team myself- Craggy Island AFC, and we need players, as does the Irish community as a whole. Currently there are 7 active teams in Ireland.

Please give the game a try, it's well worth it, and if you join send my player, Samuel Entwistle [manager of Craggy Island] a message.

I should point out I reset my player, so I'm now 17 year old Thomas D'Alessandro, I'm still in charge of the team though, so if interested in joining Craggy Island when you start off send all messages to Thomas D'Alessandro, a few guys have already signed up, and I say keep it coming:D, if enough of ye sign up and like it maybe someday there could be a boards.ie team:cool:.

I should point out I reset my player, so I'm now 17 year old Thomas D'Alessandro, I'm still in charge of the team though, so if interested in joining Craggy Island when you start off send all messages to Thomas D'Alessandro, a few guys have already signed up, and I say keep it coming:D, if enough of ye sign up and like it maybe someday there could be a boards.ie team:cool:.

If we join do we have to join your team?:D

jaymz1987 wrote: »
    If we join do we have to join your team?:D

As far as I know yes.:cool:

The other teams are Kinsale, St Pats, Your Face United, Munster, Hoopfiend Hooligans and Dynamo Dublin, as well as Bristol Rovers, who are based in England but managed by an Irish player, none of them have the same sex appeal as Craggy Island though.

• Advertisement

ha cool, can you start your own team straight away?

ha cool, can you start your own team straight away?

If you buy FS Fan yes, but I'd recommend checking if you like the game first.

My squad filled up quicker than I had expected, so if anyone is joining I'd advise you to send a message/offer to James Hillary, manager of St Patricks Athletic or Josh Murphy, manager of Kinsale, two of the newer teams who would probably be very pleased to get a new player on board and teach you how the game works.

James Hillary, manager of St Patricks Athletic

He's a legend:D

He's a legend:D

As far as I know James Hillary and Thomas D'Alessandro are the only Irish managers never to lose a game, modern day heroes, if you ask me!:cool:

The reaction to this thread seems to have died off, 4/5 lads joined within a week of it then the short growth seems to have stopped.

This game is really good, it's not one of those games you need to be online all day to succeed, the banter on the forums is good. I've played several free online football games and this is the best of all I have tried, it's the only game of it's kind of which I know and it's completely free, so try it out:D.

Maybe this isn't the best place to put a thread for a football game, as most people who play online games are probably more interested in goblins and wizards and that sort of stuff......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I do love goblins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd suggest using the web games forum for this type of thing http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Advertisement