Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost in Space - Emails

Options
  • 22-11-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi

I've found recently that emails that have been sent from either gmail,hotmail and eircom have not reached their destination - they are showing up in the sent items box and no failed to send notifications are being recieved .

At first I thought nothing of it but it has happened too often now and has caused some problems when applications forms etc have not been in on time .

We are on Digiweb and are using two computers - wireless laptop and desktop which is hardlined - email failures are happening from both computers .

I've checked my IP on http://whatismyipaddress.com/ - it is showing up in Dundalk on the map even tho I am in Clare - not sure does this matter or not - and when I did a search to see if the IP is blacklisted all came up clear except one which seems to be offline .

Have called Digiweb on it but they are not really willing to help and I can't be sure what to ask as I'm kinda lost myself so any help on what I should do next would be hugely appreciated .

thanks in advance

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Are all these emails going to the same destination? Have you tried sending the emails from another physical location (eg internet cafe, friends house) which uses a different ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

going to different accounts over the past few weeks - it has happened maybe 6-8 times so too random I think to try that ... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tried contacting gmail tech?

Thanks for ur reply
    I've checked their support page but there are no real answers .. it's happening on different accounts hotmail,eircom etc so I cannot just assume the problem lies with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

If a) this is happening with webmail and b) the mails are showing up in the 'sent items' or whatever in each account, this is almost certainly not a Digiweb problem.

• Advertisement

FruitLover wrote: »
    If a) this is happening with webmail and b) the mails are showing up in the 'sent items' or whatever in each account, this is almost certainly not a Digiweb problem.

Again thanks for the reply - not blaming digiweb - just looking for answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

log into your eircom email using telnet and see if you can fire youreslf a test mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

What are you sending? Is it being caught in a spam filter? Have you asked the recipients to check this?

Advertisement