Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mel Gibson came to thurles in a kilt to watch braveheart...

Options
  • 22-11-2008 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Have you ever heard that urban myth? Supposedly he has relations in Thurles. Tis a mad one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I never heard that and I live in that area.

It sounds like a crock of sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It'd seem believable, but to watch it...in a kilt??

Doubt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

Yes, in a kilt, in the Capitol cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Shinjuku wrote: »
    Yes, in a kilt, in the Capitol cinema.

utter bull - a bunch of the Thurles FCA [or whatever they are called now] were extras so they had a charity screening in the Capitol when the film came out and a bunch of them came dressed in Kilts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

ztoical wrote: »
    utter bull - a bunch of the Thurles FCA [or whatever they are called now] were extras so they had a charity screening in the Capitol when the film came out and a bunch of them came dressed in Kilts.

Admit it, you were one of them weren't ya? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Admit it, you were one of them weren't ya? :D

My Dad was I was 13 at the time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

ztoical wrote: »

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up! Was hoping it was true though. :(

Advertisement