Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relatioship Problems..

Options
  • 21-11-2008 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello..I know many people have posted here regarding their own relationship problems but this really is quite complicated! I am gay and a student in Glasgow (have just moved to Scotland since September '07)..I spoke to a girl here online for the past 3 and half years before moving here..it was shorter than that as there was a long period of about 2 years of those we had little, if any contact due to her being in a relationship. Her girlfriend was very possessive and saw me as a threat even though I was in a different country and never had even met the girl, it was crazy and Sarah was even crazier to go along with this in my opinion as she has let this girl basically tell her what to do, what friends she can have etc etc..

It was summer of 2007 I got back in contact with Sarah..she had seen from my bebo that I was moving to Scotland and wanted to be in contact with me..we met for the first time in November of last year. She was going through A LOT of problems with her ex girlfriend at the time, they were living together and they had quite a few serious arguments. I stayed in contact with her over Christmas but as I was in Edinburgh last year we didn't meet very often. I saw her again in February then of this year and she admitted she always had fancied me and we ended up kissing..it developed slowly into a relationship and she left her girlfriend then..she moved out as it was Sarah's flat and over the summer I came back to Ireland and Sarah went back to the Western Isles of Scotland to her family for the summer..we met twice over the summer. When Sarah got back she told me (after just 4 days) that she had rushed into the relationship and feels she needs a break because of this. We've been technically on a break for the past 7 and a half weeks but have never gone for even 1 week without seeing each other. We still kiss and are couply at times..it's pretty much like we're a couple but we're not. Any time I ask her about it she says why do I have to bring this up etc etc..

What bothers me is she's in contact with her ex girlfriend so much..she has never told her ex about me and 2 weeks ago I was leaving to see my family and my very sick auntie which was really hard for me. I was at Sarah's and her ex rang starting the same arguments and I told Sarah to tell her she had a friend round who needed to speak to her..she guessed it was me even though she's never been told about me..which has made me SO insecure as I feel I'm constantly been kept a secret. She threatened coming over to the flat, dragging me out by my hair etc etc..it was terrible and totally not what I needed the night before going home. I don't know why Sarah wants to be in contact with someone so extremely nasty.

I don't know what to do..I'd hate Sarah out of my life..I love her so much and it was something I always wanted but would have never wanted to ruin her previous relationship as I respected her so much. She seemed so sure about me to begin with but it was short lived..she says she still sees herself with me but doesn't want a relationship right now. Do you think I'm silly for waiting around? I just need some advice..

Advertisement