Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were to get a Flip flop hub

Options
  • 21-11-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

As the title what shops in Dublin sell flip flop hubs or if anyone has one for sale that'd be just as good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

cycleways and cyclogical sell them but if you're going to build the wheels yourself it might be worth looking on ebay. If you're going to get the wheels built for you then I would consider cycleogical, if you can stand the sneering. In the low-middle end of the market there are a few types that go under lots of different brand names - the hole pattern will tell you what grouping they're from.

EDIT - screw fixed/free - go double fixed - I went fixed/free and can't ever see myself wanting to buy a freewheel and would prefer two fixed cogs in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i bought my wheels from cycleogical. SystemEx hubs, which are, as far as i know, rebranded formula hubs. they're sold under a few different brand names though possibly with different bearings. they're cheap, but i only got about 18 months (of heavy use in all conditions) out of the bearings in the back wheel. after that corrosion took its toll and the wheel developed some serious side-to-side play. however the cartridge bearings are easy enough to replace so it's not a big deal (i went ceramic!! :D). goldtec get good reviews too (same cartridge bearings (iso 6000) IIRC).
    stuf wrote: »
    EDIT - screw fixed/free - go double fixed - I went fixed/free and can't ever see myself wanting to buy a freewheel and would prefer two fixed cogs in place.

+1 - if i could buy again i'd be going for fixed-fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    +1 - if i could buy again i'd be going for fixed-fixed.

The wheels I've been waiting months for are fixed-fixed... ordered 17/08, and still not in stock yet -damn you crc!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Don't know about Dublin but I've seen them for sale from londonfixiebike.co.uk - fixed and flip-flop seems to be their thing

Advertisement