Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fostering Kittens

Options
  • 21-11-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi everybody,

I am interesting in fostering kittens. Could you tell me how to go about it and whom to get in touch with.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

U could try the dspca., i'm sure they could do with more people helping. It's a v fulfilling job!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Not sure which side of Dublin you are on but Drogheda Animal Rescue are always looking for fosterers.
    Their website is http://www.dar.ie/index.php?page=home and the email is cats@dar.ie

It's so rewarding and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

The DSPCA generally don't foster out cats / kittens. I'd recommend getting in touch with Cats Aid or Kitten Adoption - both Dublin based both long established with good back up available to their fosterers. Google both of them & have a look & see what you think ;) I've been fostering kitties for 4 years now & really enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

Hey, the DSPCA foster any kittens they get that are under 9 weeks old. They can't get their injections until then, details on the website.

Tough work, but good fun. And good for the kittens.

Kitten season must be very close to ending, if it hasnt already.
    Goodluck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

Thanks everybody for your suggestion. I have emailed cats aid and dspca. Hopefully they email me back.

I would love to look after the kittens. I already have 2 cats at home so looking after them is not a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

I have found that it is vets that usually are glad of volunters. My local vets are always been handed in cats, kittens and dogs. Why not give ur vet a ring they will prob be glad of ur help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

mary123 wrote: »
    I have found that it is vets that usually are glad of volunters. My local vets are always been handed in cats, kittens and dogs. Why not give ur vet a ring they will prob be glad of ur help.

wow.. i never thought of that.. i will call my vet tomorrow..

thanks mary

Advertisement