Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player not playing some mp3's

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:06am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On my computer in work I use Windows Media Player with XP. 99% of the time it works fine but sometimes it will not play certain mp3's. It does actually play them, the seconds tick along, but I cannot hear anything. If I play a different mp3 I can hear it fine. I have to use real player or some other player to hear the mp3 I want.

Anyone know what could cuase this or how I can fix it? I've triedreinstalling but to no avail
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have you tried updating whats known as the "codecs"?
    These are updates for your system that help(decode/code) to play media files which are saved in a number of different formats.

For example, see here: http://www.codecguide.com/

Advertisement