Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RFID rant

Options
  • 21-11-2008 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

everytime i see people( conspiracy or not) mentioning RFID i cringe, if such a system was EVER implemented using current or upcoming rfid tech it simply wouldnt work the majority of cards so far have had very easily cracked and copied and do not have the capability to find someones location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmajlKJlT3U&feature=related

this is all based on my limited knowledge of RFID so it may not all be correct but ask yourself, If someone can copy an ID card and use it as the other person, do you really think that any NWO would use such a system?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno I find actual RFID technology is improving in leaps and bounds, a couple of years ago I had to get out of the ute and scan each cow individually and hope I didnt double scan or miss one, nowadays I can just drive up near them in the Cruiser wave the 'Wand' out the window and it brings up a display on the laptop screen of all the cows in that paddock, It can even tell me the ones I've missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

weeder wrote: »
    everytime i see people( conspiracy or not) mentioning RFID i cringe, if such a system was EVER implemented using current or upcoming rfid tech it simply wouldnt work the majority of cards so far have had very easily cracked and copied and do not have the capability to find someones location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmajlKJlT3U&feature=related

this is all based on my limited knowledge of RFID so it may not all be correct but ask yourself, If someone can copy an ID card and use it as the other person, do you really think that any NWO would use such a system?
    RFID is probably is one of my favorite NWO topics :)

Yes RFID on its own is full of holes. it can be cloned in minutes as has been in passports and identity cards. The first biometric passport was cloned within hours. This is already a major concern with up and coming NWO security. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/6182207.stm

The only way around this is to combine RFID with other forms of positive ID such as thumb print & retina scans.

One of the reasons the police forces throughout Europe and the globe are currently being issued with hand held thumb print scanners is that they are preparing for the European Union / Real ID / NWO Global microchip ID cards. :eek:

PUSH91e4c4c28017.jpg

As soon as this identity card comes out the authorities would be expecting a flood of forgeries and clones. By combining thumb scanning and RFID simultaneously the authorities have a more positive form of ID.

PUSH61474b75088e.jpg

I gather that Future scanners would be both biometric thumb/retina and 13.56 RFID compatible just as Hybrid laser EAN barcode /13.56MHZ passive RFID scanners are now available in the retail industry
    http://smartable.en.ecplaza.net/7.asp

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread Godwinned in the the third post. Must be some sort of record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

The Amish community are refusing to have their animals chipped. Is this going a bit too far?

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/Americas/2008/November/Amish-Farmers-Sue-Michigan--USDA-Over-RFID-Tags--.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

thats very much in keepin with Amish beliefs, they have always been highly skeptical of technology and Government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

thats very much in keepin with Amish beliefs, they have always been highly skeptical of technology and Government.
    They don't even drive cars ffs. Remembering that movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Yes RFID on its own is full of holes.
    The only way around this is to combine RFID with other forms of positive ID such as thumb print & retina scans.

Put differently...the only way to get around the holes in RFID is to couple them with security which doesn't have such holes, and which doesn't work remotely.

Of course, once you do so, then the RFID part of the solution is obsolete and useless....so the only way "around" the holes in RFID is not to use RFID.

bonkey wrote: »
    Put differently...the only way to get around the holes in RFID is to couple them with security which doesn't have such holes, and which doesn't work remotely.

Of course, once you do so, then the RFID part of the solution is obsolete and useless....so the only way "around" the holes in RFID is not to use RFID.
    Impossible unless they implant. it. This is precisely what the Amish community fear with this technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Impossible unless they implant. it. This is precisely what the Amish community fear with this technology.
    They must also fear lightbulbs being implanted in them too.
    Or the government monitoring their indoor plumbing.

Impossible unless they implant. it.
    No...even then, its still not impossible.
    This is precisely what the Amish community fear with this technology.
    With respect to the Amish, I don't consider them to be the foremost authorities on modern security issues.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    No...even then, its still not impossible..
    Tampering with any type of a state document would be considered a very serious charge. I could forsee someone being denied their purchasing privileges if the implant was removed or cloned. Their thump print or retina scan would show up their true identity.
    Bonky wrote: »
    With respect to the Amish, I don't consider them to be the foremost authorities on modern security issues.
    These guys will be in for a big shock when the REAL ID card gets rolled out in May 2011. (Put foreward from May 2008) This will further isolate them. Without this card they will be unable to hold a bank account, travel on public transport, fly, enter a federal building, hold a job or claim social welfare.

Many including these guys regard this card as the forerunner to the "mark of the beast".
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=36029

Tampering with any type of a state document would be considered a very serious charge.

No different to today, then, where tampering with a passport or drivers licence is considered a serious offence.
    Many including these guys regard this card as the forerunner to the "mark of the beast".
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=36029

There is, and never has been, any shortage of people willing to see any number of things as "the mark of the beast".

If only someone could first establish the validity of the bible as a prophetic document...

Indeed, there's no shortage of people around willing to tell us that religion - particularly Christianity - is just another control-mechanism conspiracy.

Am I the only one who finds it curious that one group of conspiracy-believers (those who support the likes of Zeitgeist) seem unwilling to take on another group of conspiracy believers (those putting faith in "the mark of the beast"....and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

These guys will be in for a big shock when the REAL ID card gets rolled out in May 2011. (Put foreward from May 2008)

Where did you get this date from? And in May 2011, if it hasn't happened, will you move it again?

Where did you get this date from? And in May 2011, if it hasn't happened, will you move it again?
    The Real ID act came into effect in 2005 after the controversial HR418 Bill was passed. It was due to come into effect in May 2008 but was put foreword to 2011 due to controversy in member states.

All you need to know about the Real ID or HR418 act.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act

Advertisement