Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Printing Problem

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to solve a printing problem in the school I work in and its stumping me.

On a number of websites that the teachers use, where resources can be printed directly from the browser, or from a redirect to a PDF page opened within the browsers.

We're printing on a network to a HP Laserjet. The problem is that every day, the pages are printing with just a block of full colour, covering the words or detail that can only be made out. Today some words on the sheets came out fine using Internet Explorer. The next time they were printed, hey presto, 5 sheets of A4 covered in red ink.

Can anyone advise me as to why this could be happening? I've tried using 2 browsers (IE and Chrome) and this intermittant problem still happens. Its going to cost us a fortune in toner. Its also happening from machines with Vista and XP.

The common denominator is that they're all printing to the one HP Laserjet. A sheet did come out of it today to say it was running low on RAM and couldnt handle the job being sent. Im not sure if thats either here or there though.

I'd really appreciate any help!

Comments

Advertisement