Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wentworth Miller Says "No More Prison Break"

Options
  • 20-11-2008 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

In an interview with Canal+, Wentworth Miller said that the show will be ending after this season and that if they ever did a 5th season it would only be for the money and he doesn't want to be in it if thats the case, so the show is going to end after the current season concludes.

Good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Paddy C wrote: »
    In an interview with Canal+, Wentworth Miller said that the show will be ending after this season and that if they ever did a 5th season it would only be for the money and he doesn't want to be in it if thats the case, so the show is going to end after the current season concludes.

Good or bad?

Good, it shows he has principle. Even if FOX wanted a fifth season there's no chance of it happening with the main character ruling himself out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Have to say good as well. Recent episodes have been really strong and if it ends this season, it will go out on a high. A fifth season would be stretching things and the show would probably lose its way again like in Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

They didn't leave themselves too much room with the show been called 'Prison Break'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll wait and see - Easy be humble when you aren't being plied with Millions of dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

Good
    There isn't much else they can do with it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Probably for the better. If they make another season it will just drag out and more than likely turn out like lost. What will I do on a Tuesday now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    What will I do on a Tuesday now :(

Maybe this will finally get the go ahead:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38664

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Some shows get cancelled in their prime and some shows don't know when to quit. I would of been happy to see Prison Break finish after season 1. I absolutely loved season 1 but I knew it'd get more ludicrous as it went on. Ah well. Glad its finishing. Lets hope T-bag gets whats coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Probably for the better. If they make another season it will just drag out and more than likely turn out like lost. What will I do on a Tuesday now :(

If it could be in anyway close to how good Lost is most people would have eagerly anticipated a fifth season as opposed to being happy they are putting it out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If the 4th series continues as good as its getting, I think it would be a fitting end to end it there.

1 fantastic series, 2 good seasons and 1 average season is respectable for any show, even more impressive for a show that sounded like a film more than a tv show when people first heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Good.

A fifth season would be a big mistake. And looking at it now, this season is shaping up nicely to finish off the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

There's only 2 more episodes left! Does anyone know if this is the Fall break or the End?
    Season 4 has all the thrills, spills and twists we came to love in series 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

There's only 2 more episodes left!

No, there's 4. God knows when it'll be back for episode 17, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

No that should be it,although it's got better in the last few episodes its being dragged out so it should be left at that.
    But i will miss not looking at Wentworth;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Good
    There isn't much else they can do with it....

How do you know this? Are you a writer for the show? Did you see every twist coming and predict all the turns etc.?
    This mindset kills me...people were calling for this show to be ended after season 1 and the same people are now saying season 4 and the last few episodes in particular has been incredible!
    If they want to make a 5th season let them and I'll look forward to it. If it's crap it's crap and people can always try something radical and perhaps not watch!

jimmay wrote: »
    How do you know this? Are you a writer for the show? Did you see every twist coming and predict all the turns etc.?
    This mindset kills me...people were calling for this show to be ended after season 1 and the same people are now saying season 4 and the last few episodes in particular has been incredible!

She is only giving her opinion and at this stage yes you can see alot of the twists coming because you know after so many episodes of doing it that another twist is likely.
    I agree with Countrygirl1.They broke out of prison were put back in,got out again and now it looks like they will be going back again after opening the envelope and there was no transfer papers.
    So whats left it should be left at that or they will ruin it dragging it out more!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

smares wrote: »
    She is only giving her opinion and at this stage yes you can see alot of the twists coming because you know after so many episodes of doing it that another twist is likely.
    I agree with Countrygirl1.They broke out of prison were put back in,got out again and now it looks like they will be going back again after opening the envelope and there was no transfer papers.
    So whats left it should be left at that or they will ruin it dragging it out more!

There's a difference between knowing there's a twist coming and knowing what the twist will be. I love trying to guess what the twist will be but I am constantly suprised and I think the writers do some job keeping it so clever and unpredictable! You seem like your not enjoying the show maybe you should try finding another programme that meets your standards. I for one don't feel they should stop "dragging it out" because you can feel "another twist is likely". :rolleyes:

jimmay wrote: »
    There's a difference between knowing there's a twist coming and knowing what the twist will be. I love trying to guess what the twist will be but I am constantly suprised and I think the writers do some job keeping it so clever and unpredictable! You seem like your not enjoying the show maybe you should try finding another programme that meets your standards. I for one don't feel they should stop "dragging it out" because you can feel "another twist is likely". :rolleyes:

I agree there is a difference,but at this stage you know what the twist is going to be,you can see it coming,where as the first season you were shocked at the twist and it was totally unexpected.I do enjoy the programme but think sometimes it is a little far fetched lately,there is no comparison in the first season and recent episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's been downhill since season 1, no real need for more shìt seasons tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thank fcuk for that..hope he sticks to his guns now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Have to say good as well. Recent episodes have been really strong and if it ends this season, it will go out on a high. A fifth season would be stretching things and the show would probably lose its way again like in Season 3.

What were you watching :D

1, 2 and 3 were very good, but 4th is just a shambles.. sure, their not even in prison anymore and these last couple of episodes have been a joke, they are so bad! Please... make the torture end!

I personally don't think the story warranted going so far... once they got out of prison, that was it "Prison Break" they are free... leg it!

And why is it all these US shows have "A Company" haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I'm presuming there are going to be 22 episodes in the series as in 1 and 2 (not 3 cuz of the writers strike) so with the mess they av got themselves in its going to be a tight call to wrap everything up in 7 episodes. If they had continued it for another series people might have lost interest so I think finishing it at the end of this season is the right thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

Good.

A fifth season would be a big mistake. And looking at it now, this season is shaping up nicely to finish off the story.

My thoughts exactly. Hope it gets a great send-off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Zuisse

Rich1691 wrote: »
    I'm presuming there are going to be 22 episodes in the series as in 1 and 2 (not 3 cuz of the writers strike) so with the mess they av got themselves in its going to be a tight call to wrap everything up in 7 episodes.

I had a look at the Fox website - they have six episodes left to air in the States - RTE haven't shown Episode 17 yet so we'll have 7 episodes left.
    No definite date for airing other than "in the spring".
    Strange that they're taking a break at this stage in the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Good, should have done it after Season 3 or when he stole Scylla though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I felt that the first season was amazing and though i enjoyed the following two seasons i felt it was limping towards this great conclusion but even this season has been a slight let down.
    If they wanted to continue the series without ruining its epic first season i feel spin of series the only way could have credibly done it

Advertisement