Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to place TV?

Options
  • 20-11-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

House is in the middle of an overhaul - lounge and dining area being made into one room, fireplace ripped out and wood burning stove going back. Room will be 6.8m wide and 8.3m long with a hipped ceiling (ridge running the length of the room).
    If I have any money left :) I'd like to put a nice plasma on the end wall (6.8m one) and a stove in the corner. Is this the best route to go? or put stove along centre of wall and plasma on mount or stand in the corner. I can't put plasma over stove as I'm leaving the flue exposed, not that I would anyway.

Will have an L shaped couch facing into that end.

Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks
    -Coley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

By the sounds of it I have a similar room with a large L shaped couch. My LCD has been on a stand for the past two years. Going to get a 46 inch in January and put it at eye level when seated. Your eyes are at rest when looking straight ahead and not looking up at any angle. I find looking up at LCD over fireplaces a total pain.

I would go with the TV at the end wall as suggested and the fire in the postition the fireplace was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

<snip>

If you have nothing useful to say I suggest you refrain from posting here. Yellow card.

Ritz.

Advertisement