Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Teaching

Options
  • 20-11-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Ok I hope somebody can hep me on this or give me some advice. I currently am working in an Architectural/Engineering Consultancy as a Junior Engineer but am considering returning to college to become a construction teacher. I believe there are two Post Graduate Diploma’s in Education around, one in Limerick (http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Research/Graduate%20School/Prospective%20Students/Graduate%20Programmes/Taught%20Programmes/Education%20%26%20Health%20Sciences/Technology) and one in Jordanstown (http://prospectus.ulster.ac.uk/course/?id=6888). I have tried e-mailing both but no answer as yet. I have some questions in relation to both hopefully someone can help me.
    It states on the course in Limerick that “Applicants will be required to demonstrate through a skills test, that they have the bench work and graphicacy necessary for early entry into the programme and shall be required to attend an interview”.
    What is involved in this skills test does anyone know??
    Has anyone ever completed the course in Jordanstown? Any is this course registered by the teaching council in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

i'd say you might get a faster response if you ring UL. their final year students are on teaching practice at the moment, so i'd say a fair few of the lecturers are on the road... not that it's an excuse.

there is a list of recognised courses on the teaching coucil website, not sure if it extends to postgrads. give them a ring and ask.

Advertisement