Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary of not much really!

Options
  • 20-11-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Just watched Diary of the Dead last night and this lil rant that folows will contain spoilers for the film.
    It was ok, not great. Firstly the voice over from the surviving girl took away any urgency out from scenes she was in because you knew she survived!
    It was good to see some shamblers again but the one thing that makes shamblers so dangerous and seemingly unstoppable is there overwhelming numbers, something this film didn't have.
    The hospital scene really annoyed me, if your sick or injured or dead where to you go. . . . . the hospital! Not in this movie, they encounter a total of 4 people in what seems like a pretty big hospital! Thats just rubbish!!
    And last but not least i'm not a fan of pushing social issues in horror films but Romero still felt the need to have 'The stereotypical Black man' have his lil speach about how they have the power now. I don't like that supposidly subtle undertone of racial power swapping in my horror movies or lack of horror as this one was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Romero has sold his soul in my opinion. Ever since they commisioned the remake of Dawn of Dead (not a bad film despite the athletic zombies), made the utterly despicable Land of the dead, and then Diary of the Dead. This movie was just pandering to the Blair Witch home movie type genre and it was a whole pile of formulaic bs.

I'm holding out hope that the cinematic adaptation of Max Brooks' World War Z will save the zombie genre somehow. Brooks is the last line of defence in preserving traditional zombie values and I'm looking forward to his next book aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Say what you like about the movie, that Amish guy is a king among men in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I watched it there recently, i thought it could have been a lot better, Some of the stuff the people did in the movie didn't make sense? There's suppose to be a sequel coming out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

The Amish guy is a king amoung zombies! As for Max Brookes film of world war Z, i can only hope its nearly as good as his book but i stand by the doubters of Romeros ability to make a zombie movie any more! I think he should just give it up now, he clearly doesn't have what it takes.

Advertisement