Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MY first 90 mins of soccer since May!

Options
  • 19-11-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

I'm all set to see my first 90 minutes of soccer since I left Ireland! or since last seasons premiership!

Sittin here in work. My desk is right beside the plasma, which is used for work stuff, ie has an internal web page with all our outage notices and server status.

but i stuck on ESPN in the Picture in Picture. Luckily the place has digital. So at 9:30 Sydney time, i shall be watchin ireland v poland! I dont think its live, but still! hopin for a good game. I wont be able to have the sound on, and I'll be answerin calls during the match, but still. Roll on an irish win! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Cool ... maybe you can give us some progress reports throughout the game.

BTW have you stocked up on your tins of Dutch Gold and have your Celtic jersey on so you feel more at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol never drank dutch gold, and dont own a celtic jersey. (I do have me ireland and dublin jerseys though! and a few bottles of Carlsberg waitin for me to drink them tomorrow night!)
    either way, they wouldnt be appropriate in work here, unfortunately!! :p

Have Qatar and Japan on at the moment. was on the soccer board there and i couldnt look at the Ireland game thread in case they posted the score. its not actually live on ESPN here. delayed by 2 hours or so. Hope im not on the phone if/when ireland score!

oh, the japs just got a goal...

The_B_Man wrote: »
    lol never drank dutch gold, and dont own a celtic jersey. (I do have me ireland and dublin jerseys though! and a few bottles of Carlsberg waitin for me to drink them tomorrow night!)
    either way, they wouldnt be appropriate in work here, unfortunately!! :p
    Atta boy!

Would I be correct in thinking that you come from the posh part of Tallaght? ;)

same posh part as Tallaght01!

lol the game jsut came on ESPN there. they cut off the first 25 minutes of the feckin thing!! ireland were already 1-0 down!

so much for my first full 90 mins!! :(

Haha I knew you came from the noice part.

Dontcha hate when that happens?. You better will them to win because if Xavi6 comes in here and they have lost there will be major dummy spits.

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

fuppin 2-0 down now!

Not good at all.

Prepare for epic hissy fit from Xavi.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hissy fit? Over a friendly? Not a hope.

Although I wonder when the DVD will be out..... :pac:

I haven't seen Ireland play since the last World Cup they were in so I'm pretty much behind the times. You need paid TV to watch the decent games here :-(

dSTAR wrote: »
    I haven't seen Ireland play since the last World Cup they were in so I'm pretty much behind the times. You need paid TV to watch the decent games here :-(

Have you a home PC? I stream all the Premiership games. Only missed one City game so far and that was because it was in the middle of the night on a Monday. Hasn't cost me a cent either.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Have you a home PC? I stream all the Premiership games. Only missed one City game so far and that was because it was in the middle of the night on a Monday. Hasn't cost me a cent either.
    Really? Send me the link and I am straight on it :pac:

www.rojadirecta.com

The site gets updated every day and an hour before kick off there will be a list of streams, some that require software and some that don't. The ones that don't will either open in a new window or in media player.

The best software is TVU Player and you can download it free. Worth having on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

www.rojadirecta.com

The site gets updated every day and an hour before kick off there will be a list of streams, some that require software and some that don't. The ones that don't will either open in a new window or in media player.

The best software is TVU Player and you can download it free. Worth having on your computer.

Nice one!!! I think that could save me a fortune

Hissy fit? Over a friendly? Not a hope.

Although I wonder when the DVD will be out..... :pac:

Pfft, we dont want ur recycled jokes from the soccer board on here!!

hussey wrote: »
    Nice one!!! I think that could save me a fortune

It's the best thing ever. Every Premiership game is catered for even if they aren't being shown on conventional tv. Sometimes they're Chinese stations so the punditry is in their language but the games always have English commentary and is what you would see in the Sky sports highlights package or on MOTD back home.
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Pfft, we dont want ur recycled jokes from the soccer board on here!!

Ha ha well at least was my joke! It wasn't stroked off anyone!

"YORE MA" was stroked off....

Word up...

Thanks bro'

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Is there UEFA Cup games on there normally Xavi?

There is indeed. I watched the City game that went to penos on one of the streams. Bit of an unholy hour though for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yeah wanna watch the Villa games if possible, though we're not playing next week.
    Not too bad of a time for me, 20:00 kick off at home is 07:00 here. I could manage that (just about!)!

Also I SBS (i think it's then anyway) were showing Champions League and UEFA Cup live last year. Well, I got here in March and they were showing it, so maybe it's only the knock out stages they show.

• Advertisement

No they show the group games as well. I got up for Inter and Anorthosis the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I shelled out for fox sports here and setanta. It's great. Sky sports back home is rubbish as they don't show 3pm kickoff games. Whereas here they show about 5 games at 3pm (uk time) plus the midday and 5pm games, aswell as sunday and midweek matches.

I've seen most sunderland games this season on fox.

I'm very impressed.

sky sports dont show the 3pm games coz setanta spent an awful lot getting them! And coz setanta is smaller, they cant possibly show all the games they have.

Advertisement