Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Lenihan

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭

Anybody else see him today around Stephen's Green just before 9 o'clock?

I saw him jaywalking up near Loretto.

If I hadn't been on the bus and on the way to college, I would've walked up to him and told him exactly what an idiot/tool/insert as appropriate I think he is. No other member of FF annoys me more. Well, I lie, I hate Bertie but at least he's a backbencher these days.

Also, Lenihan's a lot thinner than he looks on the telly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I would've walked up to him and told him exactly what an idiot/tool/insert as appropriate I think he is. .

For the sake of your own health Jack, do NOT, under any circumstances, run up to any promenant government minister all red faced and crazy looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Do government ministers have garda protection. If not, why not?

I know they have garda drivers but surely they have garda protection if they are out and about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

micmclo wrote: »
    Do government ministers have garda protection. If not, why not?

I know they have garda drivers but surely they have garda protection if they are out and about :confused:

Of course they have Garda protection (and as an ex minister for justice, Lenihan probably has more than just one flat foot Garda), thats why im advising Jack not to rush up to one while all red faced and crazy looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Anybody else see him today around Stephen's Green just before 9 o'clock?

If I hadn't been on the bus and on the way to college, I would've walked up to him and told him exactly what an idiot/tool/insert as appropriate I think he is. No other member of FF annoys me more. Well, I lie, I hate Bertie but at least he's a backbencher these days.

Also, Lenihan's a lot thinner than he looks on the telly.

If one must resort to abuse, one should do so from a distance of no closer than 15 foot. Always best to have a bit of a head start if ye have to do a legger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

ignore him give him the cold shoulder, dont pretend to see him, after a while he will (maby) begin to wonder just why he is not popular and begin to wonder has he forgot to wash or something, has got leprosy eating 2 much garlic or has he forgotten how to think or since he became minister for finance he has to sit down to rest his BRAINS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

Don't blame Lenihan, it's the system. A bloated incestuous dinosaur of a bureaucracy. It stifles anyone with vision or a long term plan. No one dares take on the unions, who've held this country back for decades. The government should look at small countries like Singapore, Switzerland, Luxemborg, Norway etc, and try and learn from them. But it would take a force of character, integrity and refinement, which none of them have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Wow, people saw Brian Lenihan today??? Near where he works??????That almost never happens. He must have forgotten his magical cloak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Just keep bitching about the bottom feeding little **** as loudly as you can in every possible medium you can until he dies or just goes away.

When they die, two more come to take their place. Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Apparently he's now classed as the second worst minister for finance in the eurozone. :p Thankfully we don't hear as much self congratulations from the goverment as we used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

well mc creevy got shafted for being two successful, and trying to keep the economy under a tight rein which f.f. did not want as they felt it hurt their popularity, mc creevy mc sharry or sutherland as minister for finance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

His daughter is in Loretto so maybe its that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

old boy wrote: »
    well mc creevy got shafted for being two successful, and trying to keep the economy under a tight rein which f.f. did not want as they felt it hurt their popularity, mc creevy mc sharry or sutherland as minister for finance

Wasn't McCreevy the minister who bought Fianna Fail another stint in office by granting everyone a medical card???

To be fair to Lenihan he couldnt have come into office at a worse time and if you ask me there is no one suitable in the Dail to bring us through these tough times. Sure arent they all either Teachers,Publicans or Farmers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Sure why not everybody else does it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 patricksmith

I think the pressure for him is mounting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

What is this jaywalking of which you speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Yeah I saw him last night OP. He was buying crack off a rent boy near the Royal College of Surgeons. He looked decidedly shifty as he crossed the road.

That explains why his Garda body guards were not with him.

I couldn't blame him personally. He had a stressful day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If I hadn't been on the bus and on the way to college, I would've walked up to him and told him exactly what an idiot/tool/insert as appropriate I think he is. .

That's big of you.

Be sure to let Joe Duffy know as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

if you see him again, do this....obviously replace 'Dan' with 'Brian'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Don't blame Lenihan, it's the system. A bloated incestuous dinosaur of a bureaucracy. It stifles anyone with vision or a long term plan. No one dares take on the unions, who've held this country back for decades. The government should look at small countries like Singapore, Switzerland, Luxemborg, Norway etc, and try and learn from them. But it would take a force of character, integrity and refinement, which none of them have.

yeah I heard Lenihan was against the bailout of anglo but was overruled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

old boy wrote: »
    McCreevy is one of the guys responsible for the lack of regulation of the banking system. Anyone know how that panned out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

At least he is coherent in what he says. Sick and tired of politicians who cannot speak clearly its all "um" and "er" and "ah"

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Thread from the dead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Saadyst wrote: »
    Thread from the dead..

Same shoite, different year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread wants braaaaiiinns.
    There's plenty of threads to do with this chap and his get rich quick schemes already without looking into the past to find them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement