Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams (up to) 25% off everything - not so great

Options
  • 19-11-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Not such a deal really - most stuff is 20% or 25% off, but that only brings the prices into line with the normal price for the UK (with the current exchange rate).

If you can go to the North, you could get some real deals - while stocking up on drink in Sainsbury's or wherever and maybe a quick trip to The Outlet while you are at it. Leave IKEA for another day :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to haggle in Debenhams (like tell them "I will not buy this from your store unless you give me an extra 15% off - I can get it for 25% an hour from here in Newry").

<edit> - forgot to mention - the offer is on from Wednesday to Friday and is also on in the North.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Its good if you were going to buy something from debenhams within the next while. I had my eye on a watch for my dad for christmas and knew this offer was coming up, so that suited me!(Got 20% off) For some of us, just taking a trip up north ain't an option so we'll take the money off where we can get it! (even if we know we are ultimatley being ripped off) And its genuine money off, unlike Tescos deals where they raise the price of things, reduce them, so they can mislead people into thinking they are getting a "good deal"

Advertisement