Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road rage driver rams 13 cyclists, then drives away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,054 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ISTR a similar incident being discussed on boards a few weeks ago. Maybe the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hold on let me get this straight...there was a ram driving a car and he plouged into 13 cyclists?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Raam wrote: »

Thanks for the link Raam, glad to hear he is making a good recovery.

I hope my wife doesn't read about this in the papers, she might get rid of the bike while I'm at work:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

unionman wrote: »

I hope my wife doesn't read about this in the papers, she might get rid of the bike while I'm at work:eek:

If I remember correctly, it was Tunny who provided the link originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

unionman wrote: »

I hope my wife doesn't read about this in the papers, she might get rid of the bikes while I'm at work:eek:

Just fixed that for ye there Unionman! Quite fancy one of those Cayos myself, even if its secondhand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Raam wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, it was Tunny who provided the link originally.

Aye, Wes is a nice guy. Very hairy legs but we won't hold that against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Things like this are bound to happen sometimes. Drivers like this really ruin the image of the average anti-cyclist motorist, and motorists generally. I can only hope they catch him and disqualify him from driving for a good long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Húrin wrote: »
    Things like this are bound to happen sometimes. Drivers like this really ruin the image of the average anti-cyclist motorist, and motorists generally. I can only hope they catch him and disqualify him from driving for a good long time.

It may very well be a case of chineese whispers, but I heard from another guy that knows Wes that the guy in the car was accompanied by his Wife and small child when it kicked off. Nice.

interested wrote: »
    It may very well be a case of chineese whispers, but I heard from another guy that knows Wes that the guy in the car was accompanied by his Wife and small child when it kicked off. Nice.

It was a white van afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

tunney wrote: »
    It was a white van afaik.

Id also heard that the cops got the guy further along the rode once the rest of the group called it in. Im hoping that bit is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Húrin wrote: »
    Disqualified from driving? I think a custodial sentence of several years is appropriate here. This was a deliberate assault causing severe harm and a complete disregard to the consequences. Lucky that no-one was killed.

interested wrote: »
    Id also heard that the cops got the guy further along the rode once the rest of the group called it in. Im hoping that bit is accurate.

Not what I heard. I heard they only got a partial reg and it was unlikely that they'd get the guy. Who knows. Could just email Wes I suppose....

Advertisement