Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Hardwareversand selling G0 step. q6600?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought a q6600 from them recently and is it the 95watt version? I asked them twice, first reply they said that they didn't have the stepping info. Second reply was"thank you very much for your interest. As far as I know Intel only offers the G0-Core with 95Watts (sSpec SLACR) since July 2007." Trying to decide between Hardwareversand and OCuk, Hardwareversand seem a fair bit cheaper. Thanks, David

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I doubt there is anywhere that would have the non G0 stepping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You could opt for the Q6700, they're all G0's as there was no Q6700 B3, only QX6700 B3(extreme with unlocked multi), Q6700 came out later, therefore no B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Thanks for the replies, I'm not too sure if either site is selling the Q6700. I'd prefer to buy from one site to save delivery charges, Hardwareversand are definitely cheaper just not to sure if the CPU is G0 or B3, I had another look at the Q6600 spec. on the Hardwareversand site and it says it consumes 105watt which I think is the older B3 step. Maybe they haven't updated the spec. So if anyone has bought one from them recently please let me know, Cheers, Dave.

Advertisement